Author Topic: Mario Party 10  (Read 12426 times)

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
Re: Mario Party 10
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
Enjoy new mini-games in classic Mario Party style with up to 4 players*
Classic? CLASSIC?
Nintendo, do you not know what classic is or are you trying to imply something...?

LOOK AT 4:33

It says Mario Party but there's no car in that picture compared to Bowser Party which does indeed have a car...
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN....!?

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »
*snip*
I want people to know that Hudson has no rights over MP anymore so we're not going back to the old style of stars and coins.
That's irrelevant. Hudson Soft "no longer owning the rights" has nothing to do with the game's style. The ND Cube iterations of Mario Party receded away from the old style of Mario Party because that's what ND Cube chose to do.

On topic: Yep, it's safe to say I won't be picking this up, just like MP9. It has that terrible car mechanic (or just the fact that it's a Mario game that's being developed by ND Cube), so it's automatically terrible in my eyes.
I like pancakes.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
That's irrelevant. Hudson Soft "no longer owning the rights" has nothing to do with the game's style. The ND Cube iterations of Mario Party receded away from the old style of Mario Party because that's what ND Cube chose to do.
Do you know this for a fact? How do you know ND Cube indeed just "chose" to do it that way?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:13:57 AM by SpiderStaryu »

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
*snip*
I want people to know that Hudson has no rights over MP anymore so we're not going back to the old style of stars and coins.

On topic: Yep, it's safe to say I won't be picking this up, just like MP9. It has that terrible car mechanic (or just the fact that it's a Mario game that's being developed by ND Cube), so it's automatically terrible in my eyes.

That is relevant. Note who created that style and such. Excuse you. Many people want the old style back which Hudson did at one point owned. We will not go back to the old style. Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations so reading those reviews and such, NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers. If Hudson was there, there would've been a likelihood that MP9 would've been different from what we seen today

Offline OfficialGameGuy

• Your Shy Guy Enthusiast
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 08:22:05 PM »
As soon as I saw the vehicle, my heart dropped. It looks like this is the new future of the Mario Party series (the home console editions, at least). Also, I pray to the Lord almighty that they fix how the dice block rolls, because like I said on the website, the way it was rolling just looked plain AWKWARD. And the "attractions" they have going on just look BLEH, for the amusement-park/grassland board at least.

But the regular mini-games do look good. :P

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 01:04:36 AM »
Factsheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There was also some pictures and stuff but I couldn't get it all on the photo.

You can use our website for that.

Heard that SZ played this game at E3 2014, but I have not. I will later today, with him, of course.
There's a demo out already? Maybe we'll get a release date for late this year

Um... Most of these announced games come out in 2015... I do think MP10 is along with other too...
meh wishful thinking since my wii u library is 2 games deep atm
rip dinosaur

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »

That is relevant. Note who created that style and such. Excuse you. Many people want the old style back which Hudson did at one point owned. We will not go back to the old style. Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations so reading those reviews and such, NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers. If Hudson was there, there would've been a likelihood that MP9 would've been different from what we seen today
Lol, no need to get sassy. I'm just saying that a development team can't copyright a style. I find it baffling that Nd Cube would change the gameplay because of anything in lieu of copyright.

"We will not go back to the old style."
I'm sorry, but who is "We"?

"Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations"
Way to generalize. There's still a hefty sum of people that wanted MP to stay the same, I'd think.

"NDCube broke off of what Hudson did in response of the reviewers"
You're pretty much contradicting yourself. Did Nd Cube have new style of Mario Party play because they don't 'own' the rights to Hudson's style of play or because of the bad reviews?

I like pancakes.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »

Lol, no need to get sassy. I'm just saying that a development team can't copyright a style. I find it baffling that Nd Cube would change the gameplay because of anything in lieu of copyright.

"Everyone complained that they were getting tired of the repetitious iterations"
Way to generalize. There's still a hefty sum of people that wanted MP to stay the same, I'd think.

You're pretty much contradicting yourself. Did Nd Cube have new style of Mario Party play because they don't 'own' the rights to Hudson's style of play or because of the bad reviews?

1. Was not getting sassy
2. Since you want to fragment a post

This is ignorant since you know what I meant by we. We as in the people and the company itself.

I'm not generalizing since this was a true fact that was displayed in a rather desperate manner. Also what you think is not up for a clearly factual argument.

I did not say it was their choice to do so. I was exemplifying the thesis that they broke off due to people's responses. Not a "Oh let's just break here" as you were trying to signify. There are many reasons to why they broke off the chain but it wasn't a simple "OH LET'S JUST GO HERE OR DO THIS" as what you're saying. They looked at the sales of all the games and such and compare qualitative and quantitative information to predict their next move.

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
As long as my girl Rosalina appears, I am happy :D

Offline Nix

• Used Toon Link stare
  • It's super effective!
  • au 
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »
Enjoy new mini-games in classic Mario Party style with up to 4 players*
Classic? CLASSIC?
Nintendo, do you not know what classic is or are you trying to imply something...?

LOOK AT 4:33

It says Mario Party but there's no car in that picture compared to Bowser Party which does indeed have a car...
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN....!?
Oh man, if Mario Party is classic mode and Bowser Party is the car mode that would be awesome. I doubt it will though because the beginning of the trailer has the car mode and Bowser doesn't appear to be seen.

Offline OfficialGameGuy

• us 
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
Factsheet:
There was also some pictures and stuff but I couldn't get it all on the photo.

You can use our website for that.

Heard that SZ played this game at E3 2014, but I have not. I will later today, with him, of course.
There's a demo out already? Maybe we'll get a release date for late this year

Um... Most of these announced games come out in 2015... I do think MP10 is along with other too...
meh wishful thinking since my wii u library is 2 games deep atm

During the Nintendo Treehouse event, when they were playing Mario Party 10, they confirmed that the game is to be released in 2015.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:52:49 PM by OfficialGameGuy »

Offline OfficialGameGuy

• us 
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Ugh, so it appears that they're using the dice block items again. :-\ It would've been nice to see some new items that aren't in dice block form, lol. But who knows, the game is by no means near completed, and we could be surprised. But so far, the 'Mario Party' mode looks exactly identical to MP9.

Offline Ryoux0

• Your Worst Nightmare
  • Guess who's back!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
I really hope there's a classic style on there, otherwise I probably won't get it. I can't stand the new car style crap.

Offline Liam

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
I skimmed the thread, so forgive me in advance for reiterating some points.

I was ok with the car mechanic in MP9, because it was a first attempt. If they were experimenting with new mechanics for the first time, I can't blame them either way. If it was a success; Great. If it flopped? Oh well, try something different. The car system had its charms; mainly how all the players had to work out how to mess with one another's progress on the fly in order to succeed.

Player 1 would roll good and get 5 mini stars

Player 2 *could* work to make player 1 lose said mini-stars, but at the risk of having player 3 and 4 ganging up on him.

The new tactics (lack of better word) did bring a refreshing change of pace.

What I really didn't like (and still don't like) is the fact that coins and stars were replaced with mini stars. It took much of the fun out of MP9. One of the major appeals of the series was screwing over the other players to try to stop them from getting the stars and climbing up the ranks. I wanna know why Nintendo is so adamant on getting rid of that system.

I am not blaming the casual crowd for this, Mario Party is by no means the skill-based MLG game. But I can't help but think Nintendo looked at the let's plays of their older games and went: "Hey, let's make this game less frustrating for rookie gamers. That way, youtubers can't see people getting mad at our product."

Offline Detective Koshi

• Dont Cry Because Its Over, Smile Cause It Happened
  • us 
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 10:59:50 AM »
This is sadly the first Mario Party that didn't get me the slightest bit excited. I saw the video "Mario Party 10" and I almost freaked out! Then I saw the car, and it ruined it. I just wish they knew everyone enjoyed 1-8 over 9. Island tour brought back everyone moving on their own and I thought it would be a step forward, but they just stepped back again. :-\

Be Who You Are, And Say What You Mean, because Those Who Matter Don't Mind, and Those Who Mind, Don't Matter-Dr.Seuss  :star: Live Your Life How You Want :bluestar: