Author Topic: Tomodachi Life  (Read 7195 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Tomodachi Life
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »
Tomodachi Life

A game where you control your Mii to interact with other Miis and the world around you. Exclusive to Nintendo 3DS. Release: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 (Japan); Friday, June 6, 2014 (Europe/North America).

More Info

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Tomodachi Life
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »
Here's the Direct on this and a Press Release:

Quote from: Press Release
Live a Life You Never Imagined in a Hilarious and Unpredictable New World from Nintendo

Take all your preconceived notions about lifes possibilities, crumple them into a ball and toss them out the window. Its time to star in a whole new life. On June 6, visit the outrageously bizarre island world of Tomodachi Life for the Nintendo 3DS system. Everyone you know, and everyone you wish you knew, should prepare to meet their Mii maker you! as you build a bustling fantasy population of friends, family and even celebrities, all in one wild and hilarious world. The real emotional connection you already share with your Mii characters will keep you glued to the drama, intrigue and hilarity that ensues as everyone goes about their extraordinary daily lives, evolving and interacting in unpredictable and often uproarious ways.

The Tomodachi franchise already has taken Japan by storm, selling more than 5.5 million games. Its first North American title, Tomodachi Life, is poised to stake out unprecedented video game territory when it launches June 6. Nintendo announced more details today in a special Tomodachi Life-themed Nintendo Direct. To view the Nintendo Direct in its entirety, visit nintendo.com/nintendo-direct.

Nintendo fans are familiar with Mii characters, but now they come to life in ways they never have before with their own lives, interests and personalities, said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of Americas executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. Customization and open-ended play are two big video game trends for 2014, and Tomodachi Life delivers a fun, creative experience that makes you want to visit again and again, because theres always something interesting going on.

Tomodachi is the Japanese word for friend. After completely customizing all your Mii characters, from their voices and appearances right down to their personality quirks, youll recognize them instantly. But you cant possibly predict what theyll do next. For the first time ever, Mii characters behave based on the personality traits you select, playing out the drama you set in motion. A celebrity might fall in love with your math teacher. Your mom might jump on stage to belt out heavy metal songs. Or you could become famous striking poses down the runway of a fashion show wearing cute and silly outfits. Best of all, you can document these unbelievable moments for posterity and share them all with your friends via the Nintendo 3DS Image Share service.

Even your far-fetched celebrity dreams can come true in Tomodachi Life. If you have ever wanted international superstar Christina Aguilera to join you in a sing-off, or believed that she would become BFFs with your cousin or wished she would perform a song with your customized lyrics, it could happen here. The multi award-winning singer has signed on to be a part of Nintendos promotional campaign for the game, and her Mii character will be available at launch. Aguileras Mii character also will guest star in a TV commercial and in online videos that show all the exciting things that happen when celebrities mingle with Miis players know personally. The first video in the series can be viewed here. Additional celebrities involved with Tomodachi Life will be announced over the upcoming weeks.

The plot of Tomodachi Life thickens with the addition of each Mii character. As they deliver one gripping twist and turn after another, you can reward them with in-game gifts and clothes, their favorite foods or special flourishes for their apartments. Together you can further broaden your Tomodachi Life horizons by exploring the island, solving characters problems and helping them with their needs.

Additional information about Tomodachi Life will be revealed in the future. For the latest updates, visit tomodachi.nintendo.com. The game will play on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 2DS systems, and will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and on Nintendo 2DS at a suggested retail price of $34.99.
Here's the box-art, too:

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 05:18:05 AM »
Seems interesting, though I'd really like some Animal Crossing-type multiplayer.
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Mario_Comix

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »
This game looks so random and hilarious! I think I'll get it.
Please check out my Super Mario Maker stages! They can be found in the "Super Mario Maker Community Levels" thread.

Offline .

• us 
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »
This game looks so WEIRD, lol. I'm still gonna pick it up, but to me, it looks like a weirder, more random Animal Crossing game with Miis instead of villagers. :P

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:40:14 AM »
Was bummed when the DS game never came stateside. Excited the sequel is.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:49 PM »
I'm thinking about getting this one; it just looks so funny and interesting. I better check my Mii Maker!
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline PartyPopStar

• TOMO TOMO DACHI DACHI!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 10:06:58 AM »
I'm quite excited!!!! ( as you can tell by my profile! ;) ) I'm potentially hosting an event (competition) for this game soon ( with SZ's approval!) STAY TUNED!!!

What sorts of characters and dramas are you all looking to create in this game!?

Offline PartyPopStar

• TOMO TOMO DACHI DACHI!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
Two things:
  As many of you may already be aware of, Club Nintendo members having reached at least Platinum Status got e-mailed codes to access the preview version of Tomodachi Life - called Tomodachi Life: Move-In! Here's a 28 min. video gameplay of one of those lucky members who got to try it out!:

Also, a user in the Gamefaqs forum for Tomodachi Life was generous enough to post this PNG-formatted picture file of the different personality possibilities are possible in this game:

GET EXCITED! :D

Offline OfficialGameGuy

• Your Shy Guy Enthusiast
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
I still have yet to purchase this game, though I definitely will at some point. And it's interesting seeing what Toadette's been doing in her Tomodachi Life on Tumblr. :P

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
A demo of this game is hitting the Nintendo 3DS eShop tomorrow. The demo can be used up to 20 times. Additionally, you will not be able to get the bonus Panda suit. Anyone thinking of getting the game may want to consider getting the demo.

Source

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
A demo of this game is hitting the Nintendo 3DS eShop tomorrow. The demo can be used up to 20 times. Additionally, you will not be able to get the bonus Panda suit. Anyone thinking of getting the game may want to consider getting the demo.

Source
...****
I already got the game. :P

(btw - looking for Mii's from here that I an put into my island - anyone want to? (especially those who already own the game))

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
I downloaded the demo shortly before being told I'd get the full version tomorrow along with some donuts to compensate going ahead having my bloodwork done that morning (Don't laugh-I'm one of millions)-Good thing too, because I'm going on vacation soon and some of my Miis' birthdays are coming up, including my mom's and both of the Mario Brothers, so my islanders need to be settled in by then. My starters are Mom, who has a part-time job at the food shop, Luigi (Segale), and my look-alike, who shares a career as co-news anchor with Luigi-all have their own catchphrases. Also, I really want that Panda Suit and the wedding dress!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:05:05 PM by Luigidenne3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Billy12510

• Guess what? I'm still Quizmaster!
  • The only Forumer who doesn't know what he's doing
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 03:07:53 PM »
This game is so stupid... and by that I mean it's the funny kind of stupid. Leaves you in stitches kind of funny. My only issue is I'm not sure it's worth the $35 Dollars to download it. To me it probably would be...

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »
This game is so stupid... and by that I mean it's the funny kind of stupid. Leaves you in stitches kind of funny. My only issue is I'm not sure it's worth the $35 Dollars to download it. To me it probably would be...
It's $45 to download. I'm not sure if it's worth it, but $40 came from Nintendo for free a while ago so why not I thought. :P

...ALSO SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR MII'S BECAUSE THIS GAME IS BORING WITH LITTLE TO NO PEOPLE.

...and I need females to unlock things. Can you please PM me your Mii or Tomodachi Mii if possible? I'll give my Mii in return if you want.