Author Topic: Introducing... the Nintendo 2DS!!  (Read 10017 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Re: Introducing... the Nintendo 2DS!!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 12:57:12 AM »
Lots of complaints, but Nintendo knows this thing is going to sell really well. A cheaper model AND Pokemon X/Y? Yeah, they know what they're doing.

Plus, if you already own a 3DS, I think you're covered. :P If you want to get a 3DS, now you have a cheaper option.

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
I'm sticking with my XL, but I people will most likely buy this.

It's a cheaper 3DS, and it does what a 3DS does. (minus folding and 3D)

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 02:16:46 AM »
As dumb as it sounds this thing is pretty smart by Nintendo. Appealing to parents who have 4 year old kids or whatever and whoever else wants a cheap 3DS.

Plus they probably did some surveys and realized 3D handheld gaming isn't really a big deal
rip dinosaur

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 03:45:36 AM »
I always use the 3D features! ALWAYS! Nintendo knows in the back of they're head this isn't a smart decision. Like... how many FOUR year olds want to play those? Not a lot. Just buy a 3DS and go to Parental settings to shut off the 3D. Simple as that. Plus, with an ugly design, terrible name, and uncomfortable handling, it's not going to go well.

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »
I always use the 3D features! ALWAYS! Nintendo knows in the back of they're head this isn't a smart decision. Like... how many FOUR year olds want to play those? Not a lot. Just buy a 3DS and go to Parental settings to shut off the 3D. Simple as that. Plus, with an ugly design, terrible name, and uncomfortable handling, it's not going to go well.
Yet they would want to buy this since it's $40 cheaper than a normal 3DS, which makes it more affordable to consumers who can't deal with $170.

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
Let's be honest. If you can't afford a system that's 170, you're most likely not going to be able to afford a system thats 130... most likely.

Plus, all the people who were at PAX that have talked about it said it was really uncomfortable to hold...

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
Let's be honest. If you can't afford a system that's 170, you're most likely not going to be able to afford a system thats 130... most likely.

Plus, all the people who were at PAX that have talked about it said it was really uncomfortable to hold...
You also have to think about the parents who have more than one child. If they wanted to buy two, it would be 260 vs 340. Three kids would be 390 vs 510. That's an easy decision for the parent.

It doesn't look very comfortable. :P

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »
Please, if you're anything like my parents you'll make your kids share it XD

I also realized the top screen is in a really awkward position compared to the ABXY buttons and Circle Pad

Offline Ryoux0

• Your Worst Nightmare
  • Guess who's back!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
They're essentially selling a normal DS that can play the 3DS games.. I don't see the point but it will make them some money though.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • us 
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2013, 01:59:08 PM »
Please, if you're anything like my parents you'll make your kids share it XD

I also realized the top screen is in a really awkward position compared to the ABXY buttons and Circle Pad
Same here, but I know that is not the case for a lot of parents. :P

It reminds me of the GamePad, so I don't think that would be much of a problem.

Offline StarOfTheParty

• Meeeeeeeeeh
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »
I don't think Nintendo is coming up with bright ideas anymore. It's different from the 3Ds in NEGATIVE ways,
> It has no 3D.
> You can't fold it.
MARIO PARTY!!!

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »
This thing looks weird still to me :/
but Nintendo Usually know wat they're doing'

But" it's also for the kids! so this works for me" :)

So if i wanted to buy my nieces a handheld' this would be the one!
also" the games are great! and are way better then Vita's and Iphones games xD to me anyway'

"but sadly my nieces are only 3" and 5" so i cant yet :( but when the time comes i will :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:25:23 PM by Super Mario Gamer(95) »
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »

You also have to think about the parents who have more than one child. If they wanted to buy two, it would be 260 vs 340. Three kids would be 390 vs 510. That's an easy decision for the parent.

It doesn't look very comfortable. :P
And now Nintendo announced that Walmart is having a Black Friday deal on Nintendo 2DS, for only $99.96. Which is insanely cheap. Parents would always want to buy the cheapest option for their kids, unless they are specifically asked, which I doubt kids do at such a young age.

Quote from: Press Release
Walmart Black Friday Deal: Walmart will be offering a deal on the new Nintendo 2DS hand-held system at only $99.96. (Nov. 28)

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 12:39:03 PM »
the games are great! and are way better then Vita's and Iphones games xD to me anyway'
Some Vita games are really good. P4G, Gravity Rush, Touch my Katamari, and Soul Sacrifice are all great titles. But sadly the Vita doesn't have a whole lot to offer lol.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
I don't like that it and the original 3DS have too small screens :-\. That's why I have a Nintendo 3DS XL!