Author Topic: Introducing... the Nintendo 2DS!!  (Read 9536 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Introducing... the Nintendo 2DS!!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
Wow. So it's just a 2DS, aiming at a younger audience, just with no 3D capabilities. I think it still plays 3DS (as like playing on a 3DS) and DS (backwards-compatibility) games. I don't think Nintendo is going to make games exclusively for Nintendo 2DS.

I believe the price will definitely be cheaper than $170, since there's no 3D to worry about at all. Pretty sure it'll have all the features the 3DS has, just no 3D.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 01:48:57 PM »
Wow. So it's just a 2DS, aiming at a younger audience, just with no 3D capabilities. I think it still plays 3DS (as like playing on a 3DS) and DS (backwards-compatibility) games. I don't think Nintendo is going to make games exclusively for Nintendo 2DS.

I believe the price will definitely be cheaper than $170, since there's no 3D to worry about at all. Pretty sure it'll have all the features the 3DS has, just no 3D.

You could watch the video and find out all that enough you know...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:18 PM »

You could watch the video and find out all that enough you know...
I posted that without watching the video, so I was correct, lol.

Coming on Saturday, October 12, 2013, seems to be a great day for Pokmon fans who still have yet to get a 3DS, but especially the young fans who will need a 2DS instead.

Seems to come in blue and red.

EDIT: $129.99.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:12:56 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
Nintendo clearly has no idea what they're doing... :what:

I agree it's better to have more models available to choose from, but this is just plain stupid. Why downgrade, even for a younger audience? There are such things as cases that can protect 3DS's from damage.

Guess we'll have to see how it goes...

Offline StarOfTheParty

• Meeeeeeeeeh
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 03:05:19 PM »
A 2Ds? Well, I'm glad I have a 3Ds! :D
What's the point of no 3D? That blocks a LOT of cool features!
MARIO PARTY!!!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 06:02:01 PM »
Here's a comparison chart for 2DS, 3DS, and 3DS XL:

Source

EDIT: Differences:

- uses an internal rechargeable battery
- battery is in-line with other company handhelds
- charges with the same AC adapter used for 3DS systems
- comes with a 4GB memory card
- built-in speaker is mono, but features stereo headphone jack
- launching in NA and Europe, but not Japan
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:20:04 PM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
I feel like Nintendo is now thinking anything they make is solid gold and is perfect without even considering the majority who will buy the system. And wjth this the 2DS... There's like no majority. Ugh...

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline mari0vsluigi

• Keep Calm and Party On.
  • us 
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »
I think it looks SUPER weird. Like it was designed and put together by a group of beginners in Photoshop. And what the heck is the point of a handheld PORTABLE gaming device when you can't even fit it in your pocket? I'm not sure this was the best strategy; they're kind of shooting themselves in the foot. :3

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 07:53:07 PM »
Obvious money grab. I'm glad Japan won't get this abomination (though I bet it was Japanese executives who made the decision to release it...)

And mono audio is just pathetic.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 07:54:12 PM »
I think it looks SUPER weird. Like it was designed and put together by a group of beginners in Photoshop. And what the heck is the point of a handheld PORTABLE gaming device when you can't even fit it in your pocket? I'm not sure this was the best strategy; they're kind of shooting themselves in the foot. :3

Boy if you ain't read Nintendo down for filth, I don't know what you did then :P
This is the honest truth. Nintendo is now showing the consumers that they're money hungry

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
How dare Nintendo makes a new product to reach a different market, they're greedy meanys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 07:59:22 PM »
How dare Nintendo makes a new product to reach a different market, they're greedy meanys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I fail to see a new market. I don't think people (kids especially) want a gimmicky looking thing that probably better fit in the last century...

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Justin

• us 
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 08:02:20 PM »
I think it's a good product for who it's targeted to, we'll just have to see if it's successful in sales though once it releases.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
I think it's a good product for who it's targeted to, we'll just have to see if it's successful in sales though once it releases.
It might be, because it's just pure coincidence that this coincides with the Pokmon X/Y launch.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 08:48:21 PM »
I won't get this, conisdering its downgrade. The XL version is way better for me.