Author Topic: The Hidden Mansion  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
The Hidden Mansion
« on: June 25, 2013, 01:43:07 AM »
Looks similar to the original mansion but it's mirrored, the boss battles are harder, it's easier to capture ghosts in one hit (including Blue Twirlers), there's more treasure than before, you damage is doubled, and many other modifications also the Boo's HP and speed changes too.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: The Hidden Mansion
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 01:50:44 AM »
That's only in the case for Europeans and Australians. North Americans and Japanese didn't have that kind of The Hidden Mansion.

We just literally have like, no changes whatsoever. The only changes we have it's easier to capture ghosts and double damage. That's literally it.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:05:04 AM »
That's only in the case for Europeans and Australians. North Americans and Japanese didn't have that kind of The Hidden Mansion.

We just literally have like, no changes whatsoever. The only changes we have it's easier to capture ghosts and double damage. That's literally it.
Never thought of it that way. I seem to identify the elements that have changed, and to unlock the Hidden Mansion; You'll need to complete the game once.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »
I wish we had their hidden mansion - that would have been an interesting experience than just re-playing our own with those settings in play...

Just like what VIP said - almost no change came into OUR Hidden Mansion...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 06:35:07 PM »
I wish we had their hidden mansion - that would have been an interesting experience than just re-playing our own with those settings in play...

Basically, we complained about how it offered almost no changes, and then Shigeru Miyamoto thought up of additional changes, which were then incorporated, but only for Europe and Australia. If Nintendo releases Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U VC, then we should get the European/Australian version.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 01:36:37 AM »

Basically, we complained about how it offered almost no changes, and then Shigeru Miyamoto thought up of additional changes, which were then incorporated, but only for Europe and Australia. If Nintendo releases Luigi's Mansion on the Wii U VC, then we should get the European/Australian version.

Yes, I did not like that our version only has a slight difficulty change. I remember when I first played Luigi's Mansion and unlocked the Hidden Mansion I was expecting something different. This was back in 2001-2002 so I did not even notice the change in difficulty. I believe the game deserves some kind of VC release or HD remake some day with the changes for all regions.

I Think Luigi hops on the Poltergust 3000 during the battle with Boolossus in the PAL version as well.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 01:44:27 AM »
I Think Luigi hops on the Poltergust 3000 during the battle with Boolossus in the PAL version as well.
Yes, Luigi rides on the Poltergust 3000 during the Boolossus battle in the PAL version. It was meant to catch the Boos easier, I think, but the traction is slippery.