Author Topic: Bob-omb Barrage  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Bob-omb Barrage
« on: June 04, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
Bob-omb Barrage

Type: 1v3

The player floating in the tub must dodge the barrage of Bob-ombs to keep the tub afloat! If you hold a Bob-omb for too long, it will explode in your hands. So, aim quickly and let it fly!

Control Stick: Move tub, Throw Bob-ombs

This minigame gives the single player the advantage due to awkward team controls.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
Re: Bob-omb Barrage
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »
And it can be a bit tough to aim at the player because he/she moves during play, so don't fling it too far, otherwise it would overshoot the pond that the one is located at. One of my favorites for 1vs3 in Mario Party 2.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »
A minigame with controls worse than Flip the Chimp. This and the MP2 version of Crane Game are among the worst minigames in Mario Party history.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »
When it comes to this mini-game, I prefer being the single player, as being the one who dodges bob-ombs is much easier. The controls for the team players are difficult, I've got terrible aim in this mini-game, I can easily throw the a bob-omb beyond the lake, but that won't help. The computers usually get the lone player, but I can when he/she gets close enough (Am I getting teased? :P).

As the player in the tub, I win about 80% of the time. I avoid getting too close to them or else, I'm guaranteed to  lose. I'm okay with this minigame as it isn't Mecha-Marathon and it's fun to play. Being the lone player also has some suspense to it.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 06:23:25 PM »
I actually take my time to aim in this minigame as the thrower, to just get the perfect throw into the tub. :P

...of course they usually dodge it, though.
I do that to - guess where the bob-omb's going to land and avoid it.

It's a good minigame once in a while to play. There's better ones out there, but this one is still enjoyable.