Author Topic: Best Bowser Board?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline BlueYoshi

Best Bowser Board?
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:20:27 PM »
Mine would have to be the one from Mario Party 2.  I loved the music and the atmosphere, and those opposite bank spaces.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
Re: Best Bowser Board?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:27:49 PM »
Mine would have to be the one from Mario Party 2.  I loved the music and the atmosphere, and those opposite bank spaces.
I agree. Bowser Land is one of the most hilarious boards during a Mario Party game. The main part of it is the Bowser Parade that occurs every 5 turns, and any player caught in it's path will be sent back to the start, dropping 2 coins per space.

Also, if you have no coins and you land on a Bank Space, the teller will be so annoyed that "they'll sue you for this". If you have a star however, then that's no laughing matter.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline BlueYoshi

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:08 PM »
And if you cross a bank with a wearing a Bowser Suit, they give you 20 coins.  I love how they went out of their way to make that board memorable instead of making some generic lava level.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »
Bowser's Enchanted Inferno. All of the events were interesting.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 06:47:48 PM »
Same here. It was excellent, although going back to Start is a pain if you're in the path of the Bowser Parade. Also, coincidentally, I'm listening to this board music. And I love how the Bowser Item Shop hands out an item for you at a ridiculous price. I remember this once: A Warp Block for 12 coins!?

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Same here. It was excellent, although going back to Start is a pain if you're in the path of the Bowser Parade. Also, coincidentally, I'm listening to this board music. And I love how the Bowser Item Shop hands out an item for you at a ridiculous price. I remember this once: A Warp Block for 12 coins!?

I'm telling you Vip, that they can also give you items for free (if you have 0 coins) or less (if you don't have the right amount), or items that can be won in minigames. Not just to rip you off with others.

The Bowser Suit plays an important role on this board, where the player changes the parade route for free, get an item for free or even receive 20 coins instead of 5 from the bank.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:40:44 PM by Blue Toad »
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 10:27:14 PM »
I also agree with Bowser Land, the Bowser Parade added an interesting element to this board. I usually avoided the Bowser Parade (I try to get Wario caught so I can hear "D'oh I Missed!" :-D).  I like the idea of the bank handing out loans, I've witnessed a player's star being taken from the bank. This Bowser board really stands out compared to the other Bowser boards. I also find the music catchy and fitting.

I also never realized how effective the Bowser Suit is here. Bowser Land is one of the few Bowser boards that I like, Bowser's Gnarly Party and Bowser's Enchanted Inferno are the other two. Bowser Land is also visually appealing.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline SkyCrusher

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »
Lol Bowser Land for sure. Great time in that board and was a nice twist instead of the usual lava themed boards.