Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 16108 times)

Offline Snowy

• cu 
Re: Xbox One
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »
I love all of you, never change mpl
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I'm so pre ordering an Xbox One now.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I'm so pre ordering an Xbox One now.
So now they realized how anti-consumerist the Xbox One was. That's a step in the right direction for them. But $500 is still expensive.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
I still don't give a s*** about the Xbox One. It's like a robber stealing someone's purse and then handing it back to them and pleading they're not a thief. They lost my respect and they're gonna have to earn it back.

They shouldn't have ever thought about implementing any of those damn DRM policies. This just shows that they're cowards.

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »
Oh so they change that offline/online bull crap. Congratz Microsoft on realizing what is right and what is wrong, however I still don't have any plans on buying the Xbox One so that feedback was irrelevant to me...

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 12:49:47 AM »
This is a gigantic step in the right direction, but when they announced the Xbox One I lost respect for Microsoft and i still have a lost respect for them and this hasn't completed the void made. That being said i am looking back over to the Xbox One am now have to decide whether i'll get an Xbox One or PS4, if i do end up getting one of those two.
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 12:59:09 AM »
Meh, I wasn't going to get one either way. It still comes down to the games, and I'm on board with Sony on this one. Even if Dead Rising 3 looked pretty promising...

I was kind of interested to see how it would all play out in the end, but I know there are plenty of Mircosoft fans that can finally sleep at night.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2013, 07:40:38 AM »
I'm glad that they dropped the DRM but I'm not sure I can back a company that will change their policies that quickly.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
Meh, I wasn't going to get one either way. It still comes down to the games, and I'm on board with Sony on this one. Even if Dead Rising 3 looked pretty promising...

I was kind of interested to see how it would all play out in the end, but I know there are plenty of Mircosoft fans that can finally sleep at night.
This

And to be honest, the DRM policy really didn't matter much to me. My biggest issue with the Xbox One is the pre-bundled Kinect and how it's always going to be on. It wouldn't surprise me if the Kinect is part of why the system is so costly.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 07:23:13 PM »
So it looks like all the Gold features for Xbox One are behind a paywall. $60 a year for all that, where in PS4, you could have all that for free, except online multiplayer?

Source

I know Microsoft wants to make more money, but that is just greedy.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 07:50:16 PM »
So it looks like all the Gold features for Xbox One are behind a paywall. $60 a year for all that, where in PS4, you could have all that for free, except online multiplayer?

Source

I know Microsoft wants to make more money, but that is just greedy.
They don't get the name, M$, for nothing. That's ridiculous. If only they'd put the consumer first, but nope, the $$$.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »
I'm sorry, but wasn't a Gold membership $60 this gen too? And PS4 is requiring PS+ for many of its online functionality, so why is anyone complaining (even though the service offers some incredible deals and free games).

I know there is a lot to bash the Xbox One on, but sometimes I feel like people are just bashing anything the console spits out.

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
I've never spent over $50 on Gold, you have to buy them at the right place. (amazon)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 06:39:53 PM »
Well, for those of you who are still interested in the console, here's an unboxing of the Xbox One from Larry Hryb, aka Major Nelson.

Spoiler: Xbox One Unboxing (click to show/hide)

And here are three more videos about the Xbox One accessories.

Spoiler: Xbox One Accessories (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
Update: Release Date announced!

Xbox One will be launching on Friday, November 22, 2013. Looks like they're trying to steal Nintendo's thunder of three high-profile games. Doubtful, since Xbox One is $500 while the games are a lot cheaper.