Author Topic: Yoshi's New Island  (Read 13092 times)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Yoshi's New Island
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 04:43:50 AM »
I'm actually not overly excited about this, probably because it doesn't appear to bring anything really innovative after YIDS. No, the giant eggs don't count - NSMB did it first :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 03:02:46 PM »
Good name! The graphic just look awesome as I'm looking forward to it. Hope we get new characters.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »
Small update. Coming sometime in 2014, not within the first three months of 2014.

Also, screens from Mario Party Legacy! All here!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:22:23 AM by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 12:02:00 AM »

This image says so. Same with Mario Golf: World Tour and possibly, Yarn Yoshi.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline TempestBlade

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 08:10:02 AM »
Is this game developed by Artoon?
Arzest feels new Artoon.

ARTOON SUCKS. This company has ruined two of Yoshi games. Yoshi's Island DS has bad music, bad control and bad designs.

I hope music isn't change again. I want remix.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:09 PM »
Arzest feels new Artoon.

ARTOON SUCKS. This company has ruined two of Yoshi games. Yoshi's Island DS has bad music, bad control and bad designs.

No, Artoon is defunct. However, Arzest is making Yoshi's New Island, and Arzest has people who previously worked for Artoon (they formed Arzest).

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
Update: New Teaser Trailer!

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:12 PM »
Arzest feels new Artoon.

I didn't think Yoshi's Island DS was bad but then again I don't hold Yoshi's Island to be that great of a game. Not deserving of the Super Mario World name. I'd probably like that game a lot better if it wasn't called Super Mario World 2.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »
GameXplain gave some thoughts and impressions on Yoshi's New Island. They also talk a bit of Yarn Yoshi towards the end of the video (after the 8:00 mark).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 01:55:34 PM »
Update: Game now has a release date for North America only! Instead of Spring 2014, it's coming late Winter, on Friday, March 14, 2014!

Quote from: Press Release
Nintendo has great Nintendo 3DS games planned for early 2014 to keep the momentum going. Yoshi's New Island launches March 14 in stores and in the Nintendo eShop. The game is being produced by Takashi Tezuka, the creative director of the original Yoshi's Island for Super NES. Yoshi reunites with Baby Mario in a gorgeous landscape to help him to safety. Flutter jumps, ground pounds and egg throws all return, along with some new actions that use the unique features of Nintendo 3DS.
Screens here!

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »
Cool that's fairly next to my birthday. Nintendo always seems to release a game at that time. 2 years ago it was Kid Icarus Uprising, and last year it was Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. I know because I got both as B-Day gifts. :P

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 02:10:05 PM »
When I first saw that there was news for a new Yoshi's Island game, I was kinda underwhelmed. The game doesn't seem like it introduce much that's new (unless I missed something)...If there's good level design, I might get it, but as of now, I have higher priorities on my to-get list.
There is one thing that interests me about the Press Release though...."some new actions that use the unique features of Nintendo 3DS." This is a little light of hope for the game; maybe there will be new abilities to add innovation to the game?
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
oh my god

day one purchase, this looks amazing.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Yoshidude1

• A Yoshi
  • us 
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
Come on March 14th. I will be waiting!!!

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »
This'll be something I wait until the end of the year.
It doesn't look as great as Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.