Poll

Who would you want to be in the next Mario Party making a return?

Birdo
Blooper
Boo
Bowser
Daisy
Donkey Kong
Dry Bones
Hammer Bro.
Kamek (Magikoopa in North America)
Koopa Kid
Koopa Troopa
Luigi
Mario
Mii
Princess Peach
Shy Guy
Toad
Toadette
Waluigi
Wario
Yoshi

Author Topic: Returning Characters  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Linator4

• I'm Back! :D
  • us 
Returning Characters
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
Mario Party 9 is most likely the final Mario Party.   :-\  I know you don't believe me but it's a most likely true rumor.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 04:53:17 PM by SuperZambezi »
I'm Back!

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Re: Next Mario Party Characters 1!: Returning
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
It is not.
It is not a true rumour.
This is completely ridiculous.
I'd eat garbage can if this was true.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
I honestly doubt its the final Mario Party. The most recent one, Mario Party 9 has had enough success to have another sequel. The series may be far from over as the series has a new developer. I don't want it to for sure.

As for characters the original six should (playable of course) return along with Daisy and Waluigi. Toadette, Toad, Boo, and Koopa Kid better as well. If Yoshi and Daisy aren't in the next one, I'm gonna toss my television out my window. Not mention I'll be wearing my angry hat while I'm doing it, trust me, its one ugly hat.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
I honestly doubt its the final Mario Party. The most recent one, Mario Party 9 has had enough success to have another sequel. The series may be far from over as the series has a new developer. I don't want it to for sure.

As for characters the original six should (playable of course) return along with Daisy and Waluigi. Toadette, Toad, Boo, and Koopa Kid better as well. If Yoshi and Daisy aren't in the next one, I'm gonna toss my television out my window. Not mention I'll be wearing my angry hat while I'm doing it, trust me, its one ugly hat.
Agree on both parts. Honestly, I saw Mario Party 9 selling weeks after launch, even late 2012, at least in Japan. Mario Party 3DS and Mario Party 10 will both come eventually, ND Cube is busy on Wii Party U.

As for characters, I highly doubt Yoshi and Daisy would stop being playable. Not sure for Daisy, but it wouldn't make sense. For Yoshi, it's not going to happen. There's literally 0% chance that Yoshi would stop being playable. He's been playable in every Mario Party game to date. I do, however, want Boo to return. If you need Boos in the mini-games or in a board, just make them Red Boos or Pink Boos. Or any different colored Boo. Peek-A-Boo from Mario Party DS has Boos with multiple colors, surely it's fine to use other colors. The original six would never leave the roster. Never.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
I... don't think it would be. I think the franchise is still really popular to kept going. And as long as there are fans, why not? I personally want another game, because I like this franchise, so I hope this will still continue.
The original six would never leave the roster. Never.
Hmmm... are you sure about that? I don't think I am agree with what I'm seeing right here... I would say five instead of six. So, the original five.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »

Agree on both parts. Honestly, I saw Mario Party 9 selling weeks after launch, even late 2012, at least in Japan. Mario Party 3DS and Mario Party 10 will both come eventually, ND Cube is busy on Wii Party U.

As for characters, I highly doubt Yoshi and Daisy would stop being playable. Not sure for Daisy, but it wouldn't make sense. For Yoshi, it's not going to happen. There's literally 0% chance that Yoshi would stop being playable. He's been playable in every Mario Party game to date. I do, however, want Boo to return. If you need Boos in the mini-games or in a board, just make them Red Boos or Pink Boos. Or any different colored Boo. Peek-A-Boo from Mario Party DS has Boos with multiple colors, surely it's fine to use other colors. The original six would never leave the roster. Never.

Yoshi's fanbase is very huge and same with Daisy. They could unexpectedly give them supporting roles but the chance is slim as well. DK suddenly lost his playable status and Wario was absent completely in advance though.

I'd like Boo playable again, I perfered him over other enemies as playable. He fits the role better for some reason.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
Yes, I know about DK. Mainly dropped to counter Bowser of sorts.

Wario being absent in Advance, I don't know why. Probably not enough space or did not want other characters that had no purpose. But still. Good thing Peach was playable there instead of Wario, otherwise it would have been similar to Super Mario 64 DS.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »

Wario being absent in Advance, I don't know why. Probably not enough space or did not want other characters that had no purpose. But still. Good thing Peach was playable there instead of Wario, otherwise it would have been similar to Super Mario 64 DS.

Wow, never noticecd it was one character from matching the playable characters in Super Mario 64 DS. I think Wario was excluded as Shroom City would have to be bigger.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »
Well, at least there's a good character out there, who does the opposite, just probably wrong to these who were playing with him.

Also, on Mario Party Advance, if I remember correctly, all players were playing a sort of role in the game so probably why this said character list (like they were going in different places.)
Yoshi's fanbase is very huge and same with Daisy.
Seems true. Several people do like these characters, however, I am not really part of them (except for Yoshi a little bit, huge fan before though).
They could unexpectedly give them supporting roles but the chance is slim as well. DK suddenly lost his playable status and Wario was absent completely in advance though.
Yeah, it's hard to see how unexpected things can be. (Oh and also without forgetting how Koopa Kid was removed from everything after Mario Party 7, it was a shock too. Also, there was the case for Toadette. So it's hard to plan who will be or not.) And yeah, there were also only 4 playable characters in Mario Party Advance, excluding Wario of here.
I'd like Boo playable again, I prefered him over other enemies as playable. He fits the role better for some reason.
As much as I like Boo, I am also interested to see other ennemies in here, like how I am interested with Koopa Kid, Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones. Well, sure, the future is uncertain but we can still hope to get our favorite characters and another game of this franchise.
Wow, never noticecd it was one character from matching the playable characters in Super Mario 64 DS. I think Wario was excluded as Shroom City would have to be bigger.
Yeah... sounds like it would have be almost the same. And it would have indeed needed to be bigger or having a longer story and another place to be.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline Linator4

• I'm Back! :D
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »
I heard bowser jr. was originally going to be playable or be a rival on super mario wiki.
I'm Back!

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »
Hate to burst your bubbles, but sales for MP have been decreasing dramatically since MP6 hit the scene.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
If there is a new Mario Party out there, bring in Boo and Toadette. They need more attention.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 01:54:26 AM »
Hate to burst your bubbles, but sales for MP have been decreasing dramatically since MP6 hit the scene.
This could not be farther from the truth.

Mario Party 8 and DS are the best selling games in the series, with both clocking in at around 8 million while the games before it were typically 2 and half million sellers. Mario Party 9 is currently at 2.4 and you can expect that number to rise.

Offline AquaYoshi

• Explorer of the Oceans and Stars
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 05:54:05 AM »
I wouldn't mind Koopa Kid coming back though it may be hard if Bowser Jr remains in the series. Also Koopa's been in the Mario Party series since the first he's been a bank manager,a host and been in countless minigames same goes with Shyguy. I didn't mind Kamek being in MP9 as well, and I would love Boo and Dry Bones back into the fray since to me MP9 were just the fundamentals of the roster throughout the years.Hammer Bro was a great addition and blooper...meh. Personally I'm hoping for a MP10 first then MP3DS
Thanks for reading my post! Hope you enjoy the next!