Author Topic: Bowser and DK are ultra stupid.  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
Bowser and DK are ultra stupid.
« on: March 30, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »
So I rented MP7 from a friend today and I beat Story Mode. Now what I need are most 1 vs 3 minigames, most 2 vs 2 minigames, the battle minigames, all three DK minigames and the only multiplayer Bowser minigame I have is Funderwall. However, DK and Bowser always pick single player Bowser minigames, when I have all six of them. Any advice for unlocking the minigames I'm missing?

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Bowser and DK are ultra stupid.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »
Play a party game and try to land on their spaces.
That's the only way to unlock them from what I know.
Note that they'll never appear in the duel board games (forgot what the mode was called).

Offline Croconaw

• ca 
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »
Update: As of now, Weight For It is the only Duel minigame and Picture This is the only 4 Player minigame that I don't have.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:39:25 PM »
Donkey Kong and Bowser always choose multiplayer minigames for me. Unfortunately you can only obtain their minigames through their spaces, its been awhile but I think Party Cruise isn't your only option. If you really want to, you can play a 50-turn game and set every player to a computer. You'll need at least to controllers to do this. If you don't want to do that just play a 50 turn game of your choice. I think this Mario Party also has Sluggish Shroom Orbs and Cursed Mushrooms to increase your chances, but I may be mistaken. It took me along time to get all the minigames, it takes patience (Which I lack).

@Yoshiman222 : I believe its Solo Cruise if I can recall.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Croconaw

• ca 
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
Okay, I now have all three multiplayer Bowser minigames, but I had to RNG (restart a turn many times) for Magmagical Journey. I added Peel Out and Bananas Faster to the DK list, but not Stump Change. I only have Herbicidal Maniac missing from my 2 vs 2 list. I have all 1 vs 3 minigames, Picture This and Weight For It. The battle minigames are a massive pain though. I rarely ever get battle minigames, in which I only have The Final Countdown and Helipopper. I also bought Ice Moves. Any advice on getting a battle game? Do I have to get a 4 player minigame and get lucky, like Mario Party 5? Or is luck and any minigame type my requirement, like Mario Party 8?

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »
Okay, I now have all three multiplayer Bowser minigames, but I had to RNG (restart a turn many times) for Magmagical Journey. I added Peel Out and Bananas Faster to the DK list, but not Stump Change. I only have Herbicidal Maniac missing from my 2 vs 2 list. I have all 1 vs 3 minigames, Picture This and Weight For It. The battle minigames are a massive pain though. I rarely ever get battle minigames, in which I only have The Final Countdown and Helipopper. I also bought Ice Moves. Any advice on getting a battle game? Do I have to get a 4 player minigame and get lucky, like Mario Party 5? Or is luck and any minigame type my requirement, like Mario Party 8?

I don't know the odds but battle minigames only have a chance to occur when a four player minigame is about to happen. It can take ages to get all the battle minigames if you don't have more than one human player. The computers tend to choose minigames you already have, from my experience. Hope this helps!
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 06:28:09 PM »
Getting those mini-games weren't difficult, but getting the DK/Bowser mini-games were tricky, depending on the type and/or Party you're playing. From my experience, I did not have much trouble at all. The only trouble I have is getting Pit Boss, a Bowser Mini-Game in Mario Party 6, which is also the only mini-game I still have not played in my life.

Getting the Bowser Mini-Games would be slightly easier if playing on Grand Canal, where Bowser changes the bridges with Bowser Spaces.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »
Getting those mini-games weren't difficult, but getting the DK/Bowser mini-games were tricky, depending on the type and/or Party you're playing. From my experience, I did not have much trouble at all. The only trouble I have is getting Pit Boss, a Bowser Mini-Game in Mario Party 6, which is also the only mini-game I still have not played in my life.

Getting the Bowser Mini-Games would be slightly easier if playing on Grand Canal, where Bowser changes the bridges with Bowser Spaces.

The Bowser DK ones are more difficult. The battle ones are just difficult because my luck can be terrible so battles rarely show up for me and the computers want to be jerks and choose ones I already have.

Dark and Crispy was hard for me, Pit Boss shows up all the time for me. Its fun but unreliable to prevent coin/star/orb theft. This minigame has a tendency to show up when all my coins are on the line.

Also, to this day I'm still missing one DK minigame in Mario Party 5.

Offline Croconaw

• ca 
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 07:25:42 AM »
Now I have Stump Change, Herbicidal Maniac, and Air Farce. I'm only missing Deck Hands plus Stick and Spin.

Try resetting for a Bowser or DK minigame you guys don't have. Get the wrong minigame or the wrong dice roll, quit and restart.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »
The worst for me was for MP4 with the Bowser minigame  :P
Bowser loved Darts of Doom and just wanted to play that minigame instead of the 2 others! xD
Thanks now,i have all minigames of it  :P

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
The worst for me was for MP4 with the Bowser minigame  :P
Bowser loved Darts of Doom and just wanted to play that minigame instead of the 2 others! xD
Thanks now,i have all minigames of it  :P
It's easy to get all the Bowser Mini-Games in Mario Party 4 by playing on Thwomp's Mini Board Mad Dash.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
Oh... I've never think about that!  :o
Good idea!  :D But now that's fine anyway,i have all Bowser minigames!  :P