Author Topic: What if Game Guy Returned?  (Read 2372 times)

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
What if Game Guy Returned?
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:10:32 PM »
What if Game Guy from Mario Party 3 returned? How would you react? He was that Shy Guy with the Golden Mask who hosted his gambling minigames of all or nothing. I kind of want him to return since he only had one Mario Party appearance and his minigame theme was reused in Mario Party Advance. I highly doubt he will though, many hated him.

"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: What if Game Guy Returned?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:18 PM »
I would be fine with him returning in a future Mario Party, but only if he allowed you to wager how many coins you want to wager, and not all of your coins.

Now, I may not be a fan of gambling mini-games, but if he returned, then I would be happy to try out his new gambling mini-games.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »
Don't make him take all your coins, and let the player choose the coins they want to wager. Game Guy cost me some victories in MP3.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 06:03:03 AM »
It would be good to see him and these lucky minigames return as I found these great to win even more coins. However, I would say, not forcilly obliged but it would be interesting.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 05:13:04 PM »
Don't make him take all your coins, and let the player choose the coins they want to wager. Game Guy cost me some victories in MP3.
Totally agree!  I want to see him return!
This has been another...pointless moment.

Offline SkyCrusher

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
Gotta agree here! I'd rather wager how many coins than have them all gone for a stupid luck.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 06:40:19 PM »

Having the choice to bet how many coins you want to risk does sound like a great idea. I think some players would be able to stand him at least. I really don't mind if he returned and still took every single coin you have. But betting how many coins like in his room sounds better. He should have dozens of Game Guy mini-games including his old ones.

If Game Guy ever returned, I hope his theme from Mario Party 3 is retained.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Microphone_Kirby

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 06:07:30 PM »
I'd Loooooove a return of Game Guy. :D

I'd want to choose how much I'd wager, but I expect most people would only wager 1 coin when given the choice.
Therefore, I suggest a Minimum buy-in to keep it interesting: 10 coins or half of all your coins, whichever is more. Or all of them if you don't have 10 coins.

Also, if the Lucky Medal item returns with Game Guy, it should force the target to wager all their coins to make the item still useful. ;)