Author Topic: New Characters Discussion  (Read 9644 times)

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
Re: New Characters Discussion
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 09:07:01 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a new human female out of nowhere. Rosalina will most likely join if they had to pick. I'd do like to see Plum and maybe Maple from Mario Golf 64 return.

As unlikely as that sounds, they should bring back the female humans from the sports games such as Plum. They could even create a new female human that wears something like overalls and she could start Mario Party exclusive and eventually appear in the main games. She could be the brothers' cousin and have a name like Maria.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 02:15:12 PM »
Anyway, the Mario series lacks a good variety of human characters, so I always look at characters like Rosalina before anyone else.

As far as the human characters go, I think that finding characters who are not redundant in character type is actually the most important feature in adding new human characters.

So far we have:

Mario - World famous hero, yet he's also the everyman character. ;P
Luigi - Somewhat awkward and cowardly brother living in the shadow of the hero.
Peach- The Princess who's kind and dainty appearance hides an adventurous side.
Daisy- The Princess's BFF, she's loud, energetic, and a bit of a tomboy.
Wario- Greedy and gross, he's the enterprising rival of the hero.
Waluigi- A sore loser and a proud cheater, he's more of a follower than his own man.

So with that in mind, I actually think these three characters fit in nicely, without overlapping with any of the already established humans.

E. Gadd - fits the "nutty professor" character type that the cast doesn't already have, he'd be totally unique among the cast. In fact, I could see E. Gadd being set up in a rivalry with Kamek, Science vs. Magic if you will. :p

Rosalina - Another Princess, yes, however her character type is more of the Fairy Godmother/Glinda the Good Witch mixed with a space Alien. If the Mario cast were allowed more lines, I'm sure we'd find her comically aloof concerning many "Earthling" social behaviours.(But when it comes to surviving a super nova, she's your gal ;P)

Captain Syrup - fills the mischievous bad girl character type that is absent. Plus I think she'd make an interesting rival to Peach(Pirates vs. Princesses), while a good reluctant ally to the Wario Bros.(Yes especially with their mutual past ;P)

Do you guys think there is a size limit for playable characters? I'm thinking in terms of adding characters like Petey Pirahna or something small like a Mouser.

I think there is a bit of a limit, especially in Mario Party, but I am not opposed to shrinking Petey ever so slightly, since I think he has a wonderfully unique character design and I'd love to see him playable more often. Mouser could easily just be based off his Super Mario Bros. 2 appearance and fit in just fine.

Offline Linator4

• I'm Back! :D
  • us 
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 02:26:47 PM »
For me Hammer Bro., Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr. playable, Kamek/Magikoopa(don't have anything against him), Birdo(Hate him but want to go against him), Boomerang Bro., Metal Mario, and mainly Koopa Kid.
I'm Back!

Offline fawfulthegreat64

• The Mario RPG Enthusiast
  • It's raining tacos?
  • us 
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 11:12:02 AM »
New Characters: Fawful. It would feel so good to pwn everyone else at the minigames as him.
Current projects:
-Let's Play Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Offline BlueYoshi

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2013, 11:35:03 AM »
I'd like to see different skins such as a Doctor suit for Mario or different colors for Yoshi.

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2013, 12:35:28 PM »
I'd like to see different skins such as a Doctor suit for Mario or different colors for Yoshi.
^ Yes. And multi-colored Toads, sports suits for the Princesses, Power-ups for the Bros.
Perhaps a costume option?

Offline LuigiFan

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2013, 03:27:52 PM »
I will like to see Geno again, he was awesome on Paper Mario Rpg, and well, Kilie Koopa too.

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
I personally think the cast they have in all previous games, with the exception of DK because he would keep his role, would really make it awesome. Reskins would add something fresh to the series like Toadette said, maybe Toad reskins, or various Power-Up versions of characters like the Fire Flower or Super Acorn.

Offline SkyCrusher

Re: Next Mario Party Characters 2: New!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »
The Koopalings should be in the next game for sure. Metal Mario should as I find his voice hilarious. Professor E Gadd should be in the next Mario Party because of his major role in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/2. The babies, I highly doubt they will appear in a Mario Party because they would of by now and I'm not really a big fan of them.
How would the Koopalings make sense in Mario Party? I'd like to see them, but that's kinda iffy with that idea. Perhaps they each control a board or something?

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 08:42:52 AM »
I would like to see a two new girl's that is not a princess, and she can be playable. I would like to see how would the kongs be integrated in this game, maybe let Cranky Kong be the host of the DK board or let Funky Kong be the item shop owner, while Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong could interact with board somehow. Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong could be playable since DK will be managing his own board plus two new female character. 8)

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 04:26:44 PM »
Like DeadlyxImpulse, I'd like to see a new unseen non-princess female character. (However, I guess you could argue Pauline would be new and isn't a princess. :P), but I'd also like to see a new male human character as-well. This is extremely wishful; but according to Rosalina's storybook, she has a long-lost brother. Perhaps he could make a surprise debut? :P Maybe not in this game though.

DK is a significant character, and I'm assuming Mario Party 3DS won't be as huge as Mario Party U, so it would only be right he should remain unplayable until his 'huge return' in Mario Party U. Diddy Kong is a possibility for Mario Party 3DS though (but not any other Kong).

Koopalings would never be playable, but there's a (small) possibility they could make an appearance in the Bowser style map.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
I would like to see a two new girl's that is not a princess, and she can be playable. I would like to see how would the kongs be integrated in this game, maybe let Cranky Kong be the host of the DK board or let Funky Kong be the item shop owner, while Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong could interact with board somehow. Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong could be playable since DK will be managing his own board plus two new female character. 8)
While it would be cool to have all those Kongs in a Mario Party, I highly doubt it would even happen. Unless if it was just the Kongs and called it Donkey Kong Party. With the Kongs as the playable characters, it would either be the Tiki Tribe or King K. Rool for the enemy, and works just like the Bowser Space.

But, all that aside, I would like to see Diddy Kong playable, for the most part. For a new character, it would be awesome if Tails joined along with Sonic (yes, I know there's Sonic Shuffle, but still), but that's probably asking way too much. It could still happen with the Nintendo/Sega three-game deal, but I highly doubt it.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2013, 10:09:02 PM »
But, all that aside, I would like to see Diddy Kong playable, for the most part. For a new character, it would be awesome if Tails joined along with Sonic (yes, I know there's Sonic Shuffle, but still), but that's probably asking way too much. It could still happen with the Nintendo/Sega three-game deal, but I highly doubt it.
Oh well, we can still dream. We never know what might happen, I would personally like to see these sort of things too, but I have a feeling it would be difficult to reach. And yeah, Diddy Kong would be a nice addition to the roster to me as well (The only one besides all of these I seriously like).

And do you know one I would really like, but that I'm sure that would never happen? Tumble! I wish that so much.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry: