Author Topic: New Characters Discussion  (Read 9383 times)

Offline mryoshi2002

New Characters Discussion
« on: March 15, 2013, 05:54:15 AM »
who should we bring back ???

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
Re: Mario party 10 character suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:17:28 AM »
You mean:
1. Who should we bring back and why?
2. Who should stay and why?
3. Who should go and why?
4. Should we just keep a roster from an antecedent Mario Party?
5. Who should make a debut and why?

For the most, I don't even have the slightest clue and who knows what might happen

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
1. I'd personally like to see Boo, Toadette, Dry Bones and Blooper return. I like all of them, but if anything Boo should definitely return. DK would be the top choice for most, and I wouldn't be surprised if he returned, but I'm personally enjoying the roster without him at the moment. =p
2. Definitely Shy Guy. I'm not sure why it's taken so long for him to be playable but now that he is, and because he has so much history, he should stay.
3. I hope we don't see Koopa Kid, Kamek, or Birdo again. Koopa Kid is a thing of the past (Bowser Jr. has taken over), Kamek is too bland and Birdo needs no explanation anymore. :P Also I'm tired of Koopa simply being invisible to most and taking a valuable spot in the roster so I'd rather he not return or be replaced permanently with Dry Bones.
4. That's one possibility that I'm 100% certain will never happen. However, because Mario Party 10 should be the biggest of all Mario Parties, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone returns with the the addition of two more.
5. Rosalina playable or not. She'd make the best host out of anyone because a Mario Party in space, more specifically her observatory, would be awesome. If she's not the host, it would still make a very nice playable character who I'd personally all the time. Star Bunny would also make for a new interesting choice.

But yeah, Mario Party 10 will be the hardest to predict what will happen. It will probably either be one of the best, or one of the worst, and I'm hoping they spend a lot of time on it to make it the best it can possibly be.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:41:09 AM by Toblet »

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:16:39 AM »
Keep: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, Toad, Birdo, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, and Kamek

Bring back: Donkey Kong, Toadette, and Drybones

Add: Diddy Kong, Rosalina, E. Gadd, Dixie and Tumble.

Offline HerbertMcHoover

• The Elephant with a Drum
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
24 characters, with everyone returning from previous games. A couple new additions too.

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »
Returning from Mario Party 9: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Koopa Troopa, Wario, Waluigi,
Yoshi, Birdo, Shy Guy

Returning from Past Mario Parties: Koopa Kid, Donkey Kong, Blooper, Dry Bones, Boo, Hammer Bro.

New Characters: Diddy Kong, Whittle, Nabbit

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
Returning should be the roster from MP7 with a couple MP9 additions.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Toad, Boo, Toadette, Birdo, Dry Bones, Koopa, Shy Guy. No Kamek, he was annoying

Additions:
I can't think of anyone right now besides Diddy Kong but only if Donkey Kong is playable as well
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline lavalake

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
I'm going to start from scratch:
Roster:
Classic Players: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad
Secondary Characters: Daisy, Donkey Kong (Or Diddy Kong), Toadette, Wario, Waluigi
Enemies: Koopa, Shy Guy, Blooper, Hammer Bro, Dry Bones, Boo
I think these have been in at least one mario party game, and should be brought back.

Newer Characters:
Rosalina: Because she's awesome. And because she was in two games. Both, she was a pretty big of a character.
?? ??: ?? ??

In all, eighteen characters.
I've only listed seventeen, but that number would have been an odd number of characters, so I just added an undecided character.
And, won't be kind of interesting to see each player have an unlockable/alternative outfit? Mario has blue overalls, Luigi is pink, Koopa is red, Boo - pink, etc.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 08:15:58 AM »
Toadette, Boo, and Blooper. Toadette is just too popular to give up, Boo is very very VERY important to the Mario Party series and should be playable again if they're not going to have a stealing service, and I just want Blooper to return because he is very interesting and unique character to have. I really want Baby Bowser/Koopa Kid to return, but it's very unlikely. DK would also be interesting, I'm still shocked he's still not playable.

Let's see. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, Toad, Birdo, and Shy Guy from MP9's roster. I guess we could have Koopa back as well.

Magikoopa I really don't wanna see back. It's just he doesn't fit with the rest of the characters, I mean as a playable character. I wouldn't want to see him back.

No we shouldn't. Mario Party will always have new characters of some sort, if I had to revert back to a roster though, I'd go back to MP8's, and just add 2 more.

Rosalina would be interesting as a playable character, but she'd just be an overall better host in my opinion. I'd say they add a Waddlewing and Nabbit from New Super Mario Bros. U.

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 08:20:18 AM »
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, DK, Daisy, Waluigi, Toad, Boo, Toadette, Birdo, Dry Bones, Hammer Bro, Blooper, Koopa, Shy Guy, Magikoopa, Bowser Jr, Pianta, Rosalina and Diddy Kong

Offline TempestBlade

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »
No losing any characters. Especially TOADETTE!!!

Offline Chowdah

• us 
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
Yeah, I've always thought that it was weird having traditional enemies as playable characters.  So no Hammer Bro or Magikoopa, and Bloopers are a maybe.  Maybe a Luma or R.O.B. are add ons
"Don't sweat the petty stuff, but don't pet the sweaty stuff"  -Grandma Smith

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »
Maybe a Luma or R.O.B. are add ons
R.O.B. is not a Mario character.
That would make no sense.

Offline Mario_Comix

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »
1. Bring back Boo and Dry Bones, the best characters around! Toadette really needs a reappearance as well. As for Blooper and Hammer Bro, maybe, they could work as NPC's as well, and they seem a bit out of place, but who knows. It would be nice to see Koopa Kid back as well.
2. I think all characters from MP9 should stay, save for possibly Kamek. Koopa and Shy Guy were good additions, perhaps if they could be more individualized it could help keep the number of NPC's up, whether or not they be different colours.
3.  If anyone, Kamek should go. To me, Kamek seems too evil to be playing Mario Party with the gang, as I've always seen the Mario Party series as playable good guys against Bowser. Blooper and Hammer Bro. also seem a bit out of place, and I prefer Donkey Kong with his NPC role, unless another character like Rosalina or Toadsworth can fill in his shoes.
4. I think the MP7 roster was very balanced, and just adding a few characters to that should be fine.
5. I think that the few characters who have a chance would include Whittle, Pianta, Noki, Luma, or Diddy Kong. Yes, most of them are generic characters, but most of the main good guys have been taken already, and they are pretty important species that have been supporting the series for a while now. If Diddy is in, DK should come back as well.
Please check out my Super Mario Maker stages! They can be found in the "Super Mario Maker Community Levels" thread.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »
Maybe a Luma or R.O.B. are add ons
R.O.B. is not a Mario character.
That would make no sense.
It makes no sense for R.O.B. to be in Mario Kart DS either, yet he still got in...