Author Topic: Paper Mario References  (Read 2085 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Paper Mario References
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:56:07 PM »
In my Five Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mario Party article, I detailed five references to the Paper Mario series that are present throughout the Mario Party series. They include:

• Star Spirits - MP5
  • Snow Bunnies - MP6
  • Little Mousers - MPA & MP8
  • Koopa Krag - MPDS
  • Paper Theme - MP3 & MP6

What do you think about these? Did you know about them before? Do you know any others?

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Paper Mario References
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
Star Spirits were the most obvious ones. I didn't know about the Snow Bunnies and the Koopa Krag. I thought Koopa Krag and Mayor Kroop were very different, having no similarities to each other.

The paper theme in Mario Party 3 was another obvious reference. Heck, even the inside of Princess Peach's Castle, from Super Mario 64.

The Miracle Book was something I didn't take much thought, but now, I have. But at first, I thought that was more of a reference from Yoshi's Story.

Little Mousers I didn't even strongly notice.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
I noticed the Star Spirits, Snow Bunnies, and kind of saw the little mousers (Thinking they were partially from something else as well).
Never would have guessed the other two, though.

Any others I probably won't notice unless it's obvious. :P

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 07:42:25 PM »
I noticed the Star Spirits, Snow Bunnies, The Paper theme. The little Mousers i kind of did really think of because I just see them as another Mario species but they are really in two series (Mario Party and Paper Mario). koopa Krag looks similar to Mayor Kroop besides skin color but I can't believe I never noticed it before. About the paper theme, I thought Mario Party was released before Paper Mario everywhere. So, isn't Paper Mario referencing Mario Party 3 instead?
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
All of them were obvious except Koopa Krag, because I don't find him similar to Mayor Kroop.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 04:10:33 AM »
It is awesome to see these things! However, there are some of these which I didn't know about at all. I know about 3 of your 5 facts, but these two...

1st -> Peach Castle in Mystery Land. I seriously never noticed it!
2nd -> The Barrel Orb? Hard to say because of how it wasn't in-game. Is this a sort of beta element?

It's awesome to be able to notice and learn some things like that in a game, like other characters appearences from another game and some similarities which are really interesting and intriguing.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
About the paper theme, I thought Mario Party was released before Paper Mario everywhere. So, isn't Paper Mario referencing Mario Party 3 instead?
No, Mario Party may have been released before Paper Mario, but Mario Party 3 was released after Paper Mario. So it's more like Mario Party 3 is referencing Paper Mario in actuality.