Author Topic: Return of Locked Pathways?  (Read 3976 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Return of Locked Pathways?
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »
Would you like to see the return of locked pathways? I'm talking about pathways blocked with Skeleton Key doors, or the pipes that can only be accessed with the Mini Mushroom.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Return of Locked Pathways?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:24 PM »
Possibly, for if there are more than just special spaces and other events. The locked doors didn't offer much, and if a Star is behind it, it's a pain sometimes, but could be a good thing to stop others and still win for yourself if you're good in other areas of the game. If they return, they should offer more than just spaces. Mario Party 4 did this correctly, but I would like to see more of that.

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »
They were ok. I just hope it doesn't cost much to get the item you need to open the pathway and they don't make it so you can frequently get it like what Mario Party 4 did where you always get Mini/Mega Mushrooms. I think if its going to return to the original way to play then sure. They can bring it back but if its like the Mario Party 9 way then no. I don't see how it could work on a Mario Party 9 style board
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline HerbertMcHoover

• The Elephant with a Drum
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »
Nah, not really. Maybe pay for coins.

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:04:32 PM »
Emm... not really. Just like what VIP said, it doesn't really contribute to the game, it's just there to be there or to be annoying. I barely travel through the paths anyway so to me, it is not really needed. If they do decide to bring this back, please be creative with it and don't let it be just some cheap or pointless gimmick.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 01:17:57 AM »
Some I found cool, while others can be just annoying.
I'll be fine with them in as long as they know where to put them. ;)

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 08:50:55 AM »
I'd like to see them return. Probably because I like Mario Party 3 so much. They should bring skeleton keys back as well, as long as they are dirt cheap that is. Even place boo and/or a pleasant short cut to somewhere. Make it worth paying to get passed that gate. In Mario Party 3 you could use gates a little strategically inorder to land on a desirable space. I'd welcome back locked pathways with open arms.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Chowdah

• us 
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
I think that they should bring them back, and then put a chance time space behind it.  But that's the only place where there should be Chance Time, because if you are making the game about luck, there shouldn't be Chance Time spaces just out in the open.
"Don't sweat the petty stuff, but don't pet the sweaty stuff"  -Grandma Smith

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:55 PM »
I'd probably like MP4 pipes to return, they were a neat concept.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• Iggy Koopa Lover ~ <3
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 03:36:12 AM »
It could be good to see back... There are some places harder to go through, so it's a little more challenging to get the specific item to be able to go in this said direction, so the Skeleton Key in the older games and this Mushroom in Mario Party 4 (even if I don't know much about it except it's the Mini Mushroom that is needed to go in the pipes.) It's not "that" bad of a concept, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:39:18 AM by Maxime »
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline LuigiFan

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 03:40:26 PM »
It would be cool to receive again this paths

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 01:47:12 AM »
If the style of the game really is a "race to the finish" I.e. one-way maps, I don't see how locked pathways could be incorporated, especially because we've seen a fairly decent chunk of the maps to know they wouldn't even be that common.

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »
Well for this to happen, we need to return to the old Mario Party formula.
This has been another...pointless moment.

Offline BlueYoshi

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »
I like them, they ensured a sense of rarity to certain spaces and paths.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 03:28:49 AM »
Good suggestion, but in Mario Party 3DS, I don't think that option would come back.

As for the future, I wish there are new items that can grant access to some lucky/hidden routes.
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio