Author Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour  (Read 17295 times)

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
  • ~We're all children of the stars~
Re: Mario Golf: World Tour
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:37 AM »
Hm, I've been sort of on the fence of whether or not to get this game..but I really like the DLC announced (Especially Rosalina!), so I think I'm gonna get the game, it looks pretty good.

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »
Wow, Toadette, Rosalina, even more courses, and tons of gold=Awesome.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:09:05 PM by Luigidenne3DSGCN »
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
So, I wonder if Nabbit will be in Mario Kart 8 then...
But yeah, this is actually pretty decent deal.

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »
So, I wonder if Nabbit will be in Mario Kart 8 then...

I've wondered that with all of the unlockable characters from this game. Nabbit's inclusion is nice, I think, because it's a step they can use to have him appear in other games as well.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
With the game being $30 MSRP, the DLC makes it a pretty sweet deal, considering the season pass being $15, and it's pretty much that you're only paying $5 more than the standard 3DS game pricing for all the content. Not bad at all. Lots of new courses and characters make it worthy of giving Camelot a bit more money for their efforts on extra content.

Offline Yoshidude1

• A Yoshi
  • us 
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2014, 02:50:35 PM »
With the game being $30 MSRP, the DLC makes it a pretty sweet deal, considering the season pass being $15, and it's pretty much that you're only paying $5 more than the standard 3DS game pricing for all the content. Not bad at all. Lots of new courses and characters make it worthy of giving Camelot a bit more money for their efforts on extra content.
Yeah, I agree since it basically the equivalent of 2 Mario golf games for only $45. I preordered the game also and will most likely get the season pass.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2014, 05:27:45 PM »
Still wish they'd bring back miniature golf from the N64.
Greatest mode in that game.
Never owned it, but when I played it with someone else, it was the only thing we wanted to play. :P

Really wish they would have brought it back...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 11:47:51 PM »
The game came out today! Anyone got the game?

I just started and finished the basics and the tutorials, and even read the Golf Glossary. I also just bought the Season Pass, so I'm good to go when Flower Pack and Star Pack come in mid-May and June, respectively.

Anyone trying out online already? Yoshiman, what's your Community Code, if that's what you're trying to post here...?

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2014, 11:55:30 PM »
Anyone trying out online already? Yoshiman, what's your Community Code, if that's what you're trying to post here...?
You only know because I didn't want to double post. :P

Anyhow - After the bit of time I spent on here I discovered that this game featured no random match-up play.
One thing I really wanted to do when I got this game - Match Play (online against random opponents).

It's when you play against one player to try and get a lower score total than your opponent. Each time you score lower, you earn a point.

As such - the only way I could make it work was by making a Community out of it - which I have named "Match Play Open"
63-8618-6873-8993
You can play as any character you want on any course you want.
Unfortunately, I could only make it a best of 3-hole situation, but that's because I made the community Public, so that anyone could find it using the "Quick Search" option. I've already found a few players on it myself within minuets after making it because of that. :P

If you want to play Match Play - get this code down and start searching - you'll hopefully find someone soon enough! ;D
Also - there's coins on the course if you want those. :P

Offline tsvlink25

• Rosalina's Simple Luma
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2014, 09:13:16 AM »
I picked up the game yesterday--as well as the Season pass :P
So far I finished all the challenges for the Forest course..