Author Topic: Mario Golf: World Tour  (Read 16609 times)

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
Re: Mario Golf: World Tour
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
So the game's called World Tour however we aren't going on a, well World Tour. I hope Nintendo realizes that the game's called World Tour and adds in Worldly places. They could look amazing in 3D, like imagine the Chai Kingdom in full 3D with the cherry blossom trees poking in your face. That's be awesome

Talk about going right over my head!

I thought you meant real-world locations... :p.

Actually, judging by the past games, there's a really good chance that we'll see several familiar landmarks.

Toadstool Tour revisted Bob-omb Battlefield from Mario 64, Koopa Troop Beach from Mario Kart 64, and Beanstalk Valley from SMRPG among others.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 09:59:56 AM »

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2013, 01:39:19 PM »
I want Bowser Jr playable in this. I also would like a Bowser themed course in this game.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:28 AM »
Okay, it's the first golf game I'm interested in getting. I'll at least try this out because the graphics look amazing and it does actually have Wi-fi. :)

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 05:40:25 PM »
I want Bowser Jr playable in this. I also would like a Bowser themed course in this game.
Yoshi and Bowser Jr. will likely be shown next time we see gameplay. Also a Bowser course is likely.

The game looks like it's about finished so I wonder why no release date was given?

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
Yoshi and Bowser Jr. will likely be shown next time we see gameplay. Also a Bowser course is likely.

The game looks like it's about finished so I wonder why no release date was given?
Probably waiting for E3?

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »
It looks like the RPG elements from the handheld games are absent. I kind of like that because I didn't like what the handheld Mario Golfs had.

This is a Mario game I'm getting for sure. I enjoyed the one for the Nintendo 64 a lot. I'm very surprised this game is going to have online. They should return those very interesting intros, like the one Toadstool Tour had. I miss those fun intros.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »

Probably waiting for E3?
I don't see this game being talked about at Nintendo's E3 Conference, because it will likely be all about the Wii U. However Nintendo could do a 3DS Software Showcase like last year or a post E3 Nintendo Direct were they give a release date for this game.

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline Dreamy_Luigi

• Year of the Luigi!
  • Back with a vengeance.
  • us 
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 05:43:18 AM »
I'm not a big fan of golf, but this game intrigues me.

I like the designs of the golf courses a lot. Especially the desert one.

Offline Imena Bez

• cs 
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
I'm gettin' this one for sure, it looks good and I can't wait to see the roster. I don't see Toadette in it, but I hope Shy Guy will at least make into the game. The courses also look whacky....

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
Just noticed, Yoshi hasn't been confirmed for the or Mario Party 3DS yet.
That's weird...

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2013, 06:10:42 PM »
Just noticed, Yoshi hasn't been confirmed for the or Mario Party 3DS yet.
That's weird...

I also find it kinda odd. I doubt he won't be playable, Yoshi has a large fanbase. It is strange how he hasn't shown up in any trailers recently though. 
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline ShadowMario3

• us 
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »
Definitely can't wait for this game. Online is already much better than Tennis Open's, especially with simultaneous gameplay and leaderboards. I definitely won't mind if there's no RPG, the online is good enough.

It definitely seems to be based off the console versions, seeing that there are four courses revealed and that they are not the four RPG courses: three similar to Lakitu Valley, Shifting Sands, and Blooper Bay from Toadstool Tour and the Tiny-Huge/Giant World course. Guess they'll round it out at six, with a Mushroom and Bowser Kingdom being the final two (unless they merge them like Advance Tour did for some reason).

Offline Super Mario Party

• Partying with Mario & Co. 24/7
  • Mario Party!
  • us 
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Eh, I think I'll pick this up. Though Tennis Open was kinda fun, but it is my least favorite 3DS game and I thought the online was laggy. World Tour is made by the same people too (Camelot Software Planning, who also worked on previous Mario Golf & Mario Tennis titles), but I have faith that this game will be fun. The online already seems to be better.

Looking forward to some creative courses, decent amount of characters and a bunch of unlockables, as well as different modes to play. Maybe you'll be able to play as your Mii as well.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »
Why do I need to relive the golf series? I think that this game could have the same features as Mario Tennis Open. How disappointing that was and I'm not interested with that game. (Although I'm still getting it but I'm not working with MPL on that one)

Plus, here the new logo for the game:

The game like MTO will also support Nintendo Network and gyro controls.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:54:52 AM by Blue Toad »
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio