Author Topic: Mini game Island?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline BlueYoshi

Mini game Island?
« on: April 10, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »
Does anyone else miss mini-game island?  It was my favorite single player mode and it's so fun progressing through the island.

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Re: Mini game Island?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 05:18:19 PM »
Minigame Island and Minigame Coaster were nice challenges that tested every minigame. I would like them to return.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:37 PM »
I loved roaming around and playing a special version of every minigame in the Mario Party. It was better than Mario Party 2's Minigame Coaster as you couldn't roam around as much. Probably the best part for single player in the first Mario Party. I like how the player(s) arrived on the raft when you first start. You sort of get a hint on what the minigame might be because of the background. Toad race was a real treat at the end. It would be great to return as it would be a great minigame mode.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »
I always loved that mode. But it is a shame that it was no more. Playing mini-games there were a lot of fun, collecting lives and coins. I like both kinds, but I like the first one more since there were backgrounds being a bit more detailed, plus a hint of what mini-game would be played on that space, as SirYoshi211 said. Toad race was hard, but at least you don't lose a life for losing there.

Coaster was fun, as well, giving multiplier bonus for each consecutive mini-game win without losing a life, but they're only played once per run. But I don't like some of the mini-games there, especially in World 7. Mainly Mecha-Marathon.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:44:01 PM »
I always loved that mode. But it is a shame that it was no more. Playing mini-games there were a lot of fun, collecting lives and coins. I like both kinds, but I like the first one more since there were backgrounds being a bit more detailed, plus a hint of what mini-game would be played on that space, as SirYoshi211 said. Toad race was hard, but at least you don't lose a life for losing there.

Coaster was fun, as well, giving multiplier bonus for each consecutive mini-game win without losing a life, but they're only played once per run. But I don't like some of the mini-games there, especially in World 7. Mainly Mecha-Marathon.

The coaster on the Hard difficulty was a pain with Mecha-Marathon. Took me forever along with Hot Rope Jump. The only mini-game I recall giving me trouble in the Island was Slot Machine and Tug-o-War. They cost me so much time and lives before I made it to Toad.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »
I enjoyed the mini game island more than having to play every board with a character, it was designed fairly well, and at times had some annoying mini games to get stuck on. As for Coaster, it was a bit more difficult, well on Hard that is, just for the reason you can't go back to other mini-games to get more coins and lives, as well as Mecha-Marathon, I mean I'm fairly good at button mashing but in that one the computers are fairly better.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 03:27:30 AM »
Mini-game island? It's from the first Mario Party, right? If so, I remembered that it was the first thing I did when I first played any Mario Party games, so I started with this one, back when I was young. It was an interesting experience to be able to play minigames to continue going on.

Also, I think there was something like that on Mario Party 2, and I think that the endurance modes on Mario Party 6 (Endurance Alley) and 7 (King of the River) could be somewhat similar to these, but these are slighty different.

And if I would like to see a mode like that come back? Yeah, I am for this, it could be interesting ot see that in the newer games.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry: