Author Topic: Azalea or Daisy?  (Read 9517 times)

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Re: Azalea or Daisy?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
Maybe Azalea could have evolved to be more of a direct relative to Daisy. A younger or older sister? But I like current Daisy better. None can replace her. Don't know why people have a problem with her voice, It's fine.
It's unlikely Azalea has any relation to Daisy in any way other than looks.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 02:51:34 PM »
Team Daisy!!
rip dinosaur

Offline Silver

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »

Offline Stretch90

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 12:15:52 AM »
I want Azalea back. She had an unique appearance before Daisy played a game of identity theft.

Offline Sax

• Cotton Commander
  • Prankster at work
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 07:13:01 AM »
Team Daisy!!

I love Daisy to death! I dont know who this Azalea chick is, but its certain Daisy was the original tomboy princess. I think she could be a younger sister.

Offline Stretch90

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 07:59:53 AM »
Team Daisy!!

I love Daisy to death! I dont know who this Azalea chick is, but its certain Daisy was the original tomboy princess. I think she could be a younger sister.

Azalea is this girl
Daisy can be the tomboy that she is, but remember, she looked like Peach and now she looks like Azalea. And that tells me that she lacks any physical identity.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:03:20 AM by Stretch90 »

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 08:22:35 AM »
Comparing the two images, I actually prefer Azalea over Daisy. Though, I like Maisy (Daisy from MP3) The most. I liked her voice, crown, tan, hair and original dress. Daisy doesn't have the same appeal anymore as she did on the N64. What really put me off her was her annoying voice and unoriginal dress.
Wait, who the heck is Maisy? There's no Maisy in the Mario Party 3, let alone Mario series.

and Daisy's better, she is the original Ms. b****, honey. As much as I liked Daisy's old look (Dress, Voice, and Hair, idk why skin color matters to some...), Daisy's new attitude really shaped her personality and tomboy-ness.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
Comparing the two images, I actually prefer Azalea over Daisy. Though, I like Maisy (Daisy from MP3) The most. I liked her voice, crown, tan, hair and original dress. Daisy doesn't have the same appeal anymore as she did on the N64. What really put me off her was her annoying voice and unoriginal dress.
Wait, who the heck is Maisy? There's no Maisy in the Mario Party 3, let alone Mario series.
If it wasn't obvious already, Maisy is my nick-name for 'Old Daisy'. In my opinion, there are enough differences between old Daisy and Maisy for me to class them as different characters, and that's why I refer to old Daisy (one of my favourite characters at the time) as Maisy. Also you probably disagree about this; but to me, Daisy looks like a remodeled Azelea, not a remodeled old Daisy.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 02:41:40 PM »
If it wasn't obvious already, Maisy is my nick-name for 'Old Daisy'. In my opinion, there are enough differences between old Daisy and Maisy for me to class them as different characters, and that's why I refer to old Daisy (one of my favourite characters at the time) as Maisy. Also you probably disagree about this; but to me, Daisy looks like a remodeled Azelea, not a remodeled old Daisy.
It's not obvious; Daisy's look changed, the character never did. We never talk, so I would not know if you had some nickname for her old design, which doesn't make sense in itself, but I'll respect it.

A fresh new look doesn't change the character, many characters change in designs, but they're always the same person. In terms of Azelea, her old design looked nothing like Daisy, but her recent 3D character model looks like they took the majority of Daisy's features from her model.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »
It's not obvious; Daisy's look changed, the character never did. We never talk, so I would not know if you had some nickname for her old design, which doesn't make sense in itself, but I'll respect it.

A fresh new look doesn't change the character, many characters change in designs, but they're always the same person. In terms of Azelea, her old design looked nothing like Daisy, but her recent 3D character model looks like they took the majority of Daisy's features from her model.
I've said her nick-name on multiple topics before. I just don't want to explain the reason why every time I post... :P

However, it's not true to say a fresh look never changes a character. Take Diddy Kong as an example. He is basically an updated version of Donkey Kong Jr, but now displays enough differences to be a completely original character. That's basically what happened to Daisy in my opinion. At least Azelea actually looks like her own old design.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »

I've said her nick-name on multiple topics before. I just don't want to explain the reason why every time I post... :P

However, it's not true to say a fresh look never changes a character. Take Diddy Kong as an example. He is basically an updated version of Donkey Kong Jr, but now displays enough differences to be a completely original character. That's basically what happened to Daisy in my opinion. At least Azelea actually looks like her own old design.
Wait wait, this is getting off topic, but how is Diddy an "updated version" of DK Jr? Diddy and DK Jr are COMPLETELY different charaxcters and have their personas. You're the first one I'm hearing say that him and DKJr are the same...

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »

Wait wait, this is getting off topic, but how is Diddy an "updated version" of DK Jr? Diddy and DK Jr are COMPLETELY different charaxcters and have their personas. You're the first one I'm hearing say that him and DKJr are the same...

Yes off topic but even Wikipedia proves my point that characters CAN be be redesigned into new original characters:

Quote from: Wikipedia
During the development of Donkey Kong Country, Diddy was originally an updated version of Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong's son). Not liking the radical changes Rare had made to Donkey Kong Jr., Nintendo told them that they could either use Donkey Kong Jr.'s original appearance for Donkey Kong Country 2 or rename their new version of him. Deciding to simply rename the character, who Rare felt was perfect for their updated version of Donkey Kong's world, Rare at first decided on the name "Dinky Kong", but due to unspecified legal issues settled on the name Diddy Kong.

The quote basically says Donkey Kong Jr. was updated and then simply renamed, which then formed Diddy Kong.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 07:00:13 PM »
Oh, I did not know about the thing with Diddy and DK Jr. That's actually interesting. :P

However, this is a different story with Daisy, so it doesn't really prove your point. The up-dated look for Daisy, is more of a make-over/re-design. They are not two different people, it's silly to even think they are. There's only one princess of Sarasland.