Bob-omb
Piranha Plant
Boo
Whomp
Baby Bowser
Chain Chomp
Mr. Blizzard
Thwomp

Author Topic: Favorite Duel Mode Partner?  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
Favorite Duel Mode Partner?
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »
There is one thing in Mario Party 3 we love- Duel Mode. There are lots of partners to choose in this mode. Which is your favorite Duel Mode Partner?
Mine is Goomba(Good For Start) and Mr. Blizzard (Low Salary, High Usefulness)
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Favorite Duel Mode Partner?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 03:48:43 AM »
Boo, simply because he can counter-attack. He also has decent attack. Goomba is good as well.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:52:36 PM »
Toad because he saves your money - his cost is 1, and he prevents opponents from stealing your coins!
I usually have around 300 coins thanks to Toad!

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
Although I couldn't ever keep him long Chain Chomp was and will always be favorite partner.

Offline Topper1

• :D
  • I have returned... again
  • gb 
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
I don't have a "favourite", but when I'm allowed to choose a partner, I often choose Bob-Omb because he can attack directly.

Offline Microphone_Kirby

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 03:24:21 PM »
Top 3

#3: Whomp, for his superior Defense, especially Powered up.
#2: Baby Bowser, since, if he hits while double Powered up, only one partner would be able to keep the player alive, and that's only if the player has all his hearts (Powered up Whomp)!  Sure, he doesn't always hit, but considering what I just said, that's fair.
#1: Toad, since protection from the enemy character spaces is always helpful, and two Toads have just as much power as a Goomba with the same cost! Add that he only costs one coin and that makes toad the winner in my book.

Offline Gengar

• is a real life Gengar.
  • Gengar > Boos
  • gb 
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 10:53:25 AM »
I like Toad as my pard. He's just pretty cool to have. :P
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:02:43 PM by Chubzster »
     gifs

Offline Luigidenne3DSGCN

• A Super Triple Deluxe Supreme Pokemon-Befriendng Mansioneer
  • "Road got 'ya down? Enter the Luge."
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »
I voted for Toad, but I have a special place for Boo too, mainly thanks to this memory. When I played through story mode as Mario, I had to duel Luigi in the so-called "Courage Match" and I came to the partner station and coincidentally got a Boo. Then I ran back and got the Slow-Mo bonus where I just couldn't help but have a Double Boo Brigade because doubles are awesome, plus that would just add to the awesomeness of my next blow. The next turn I attacked with my Double Boo Power!Despite that, I didn't finish him off, and my first Boo Buddy was defeated by his Mr. Blizzard. I was perfectly aware of this going in, but it was worth it. After that incident, I won the Courage Stamp with my Single Boo Power! That is the second most ultimate way to win a Mario Party 3 Duel ever! #1 would of course, be if my double attack was the finishing blow. Moments like that happen to me a lot in gaming and I would be happy to cover them in retrospective topics if you're curious.
"At last, the promise has been made..." and then some. :ssb4cloud:
:luigi: :toadette: :toad: :mario: :peach: :daisy: :rosalina: :donkeykong: :diddykong: :shyguy: :boo: :penguin: :ssb4luigi: :ssb4rosalina: :ssb4kirby: :ssb4kingdedede:  :ssb4pikachu: :ssb4jigglypuff: :ssb4toonlink: :ssb4link: :ssb4zelda: :ssb4sheik: :ssb4palutena: :ssb4villager_f: :ssb4reflet: :ssb4lucina: :ssb4kamui::ssb4mewtwo:

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 01:23:51 PM »
My favorite Duel mode partner is Boo for various reasons, including being Yoshi's default partner. He has wonderful counter attack that makes up for his low health but he also has nice attackpower. His salary is reasonable for what he does. I love the double Boo combination, fantastic attack power and your fairly protected.

Second would be Snifit, Snifit is balanced and can find a few coins for you on occasion, decreasing it's salary. I usually combine Toad with one of these guys for the reasons above.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »
Piranha Plant for extra dice and raw power.