Author Topic: [MP3] Reverse Spiral  (Read 1264 times)

Offline PartyPlanner64

[MP3] Reverse Spiral
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:45:23 PM »
This board is not necessarily the most polished or well-themed, but it includes a number of ideas I've wanted to try.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=05015567103362583711

The main thing I wanted to try out was forced reverse routes to get to the star. So the idea is, you need to collect reverse mushrooms (or otherwise start moving in reverse) in order to reach the stars on the spiral paths. Once you get on the spiral, the invisible spaces will send you right to the star.

If you can muster enough distance in reverse there are additional interesting things on the spiral paths:
  • The only Happening Spaces are at the very end, so to get the happening star you would want to travel out there at some point.
  • The only true Bank space is out on the spiral, while there is an invisible Bank space on the main loop. So you can't collect the Bank jackpot unless you actually manage to get out onto the spiral and hit the Bank space.

One thing I'm not sure about, is if it is actually a fun board! It may be too hard of a gimmick to use. I just thought I'd post it on the chance it inspires some other ideas.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
Re: [MP3] Reverse Spiral
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »
Oh man I'm totally trying that one!!  ;D

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:59:15 AM »
Wow, that is a very different idea for a Mario Party board. You're right though, I want to check it out to see if it's actually fun!

Hmmm, since those are invisible spaces leading up to the Happening Spaces, you won't be able to tell what you need to roll to make it there. Was that intentional?

Offline PartyPlanner64

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:16:30 PM »
Hmmm, since those are invisible spaces leading up to the Happening Spaces, you won't be able to tell what you need to roll to make it there. Was that intentional?

Since the invisible spaces don't decrement the movement remaining, players would be able to see exactly what amount is needed.

Another thing I noticed is that the 8 star requirement made it so that 4 stars had to be on each spiral... so there is the possibility of running into the next star immediately after buying one. Probably throws off the balance a little bit :)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 02:43:37 AM »
Since the invisible spaces don't decrement the movement remaining, players would be able to see exactly what amount is needed.
Oh. That makes getting to the star sound so much more reasonable!