Author Topic: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash  (Read 27011 times)

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
Re: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2015, 10:28:04 AM »
It reminds me of Mario Sports Mix: each character has a lot of individuality but the character roster as a whole is severely lacking and could use more characters.
But they had their own special shots..  :-\

Offline Geoman

• us 
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »
Since gold Mario is playable by via amiibo
I would not be surprised if dr Mario and/or silver Mario is playable

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »
I would not be surprised if dr Mario and/or silver Mario is playable
They are not playable, unfortunately.

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2015, 06:58:37 PM »
Quote from: Wii U Daily
Todays big games typically weigh in at tens of GB Destiny, for example, now requires 60 GB to install, and thats without the expansions.

Nintendos upcoming Wii U Mario game, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, requires nowhere near that amount. The game will requires just 888 MB of storage.

Thats not a typo: Mario Tennis weighs in at just 888 Megabytes. Weve seen day-one patches that are larger than that (ahem, Black Ops 3, 3000 MB).

Honestly, its a bit worrying that the game is that small, since it makes one wonder: just how much content can they squeeze into 888 MB?

By comparison, Mario Kart 8 requires over 6 GB, and Super Smash Bros takes up over 15 GB.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
Todays big games typically weigh in at tens of GB Destiny, for example, now requires 60 GB to install, and thats without the expansions.

Nintendos upcoming Wii U Mario game, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, requires nowhere near that amount. The game will requires just 888 MB of storage.

Thats not a typo: Mario Tennis weighs in at just 888 Megabytes. Weve seen day-one patches that are larger than that (ahem, Black Ops 3, 3000 MB).

Honestly, its a bit worrying that the game is that small, since it makes one wonder: just how much content can they squeeze into 888 MB?

By comparison, Mario Kart 8 requires over 6 GB, and Super Smash Bros takes up over 15 GB.
aka no true effort was placed into the creation of this game.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2015, 07:23:57 PM »

Really? Ah man. And here I was thinking this was going to be the biggest Mario game to date!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2015, 07:41:10 PM »

Really? Ah man. And here I was thinking this was going to be the biggest Mario game to date!
So you people think more GB means more content? Haha, no. Splatoon had like 1.4 at launch and continuously rolled with the updates. It just means that Nintendo are experts at compressing data. That's why it doesn't take up as much like those from PS4 and Xbox One.

Just because a game's file size is small doesn't mean there doesn't seem to be any heavy content.

One reason why Smash is 15 GB isn't because there's lots of content, it just means there's a heavy load of music tracks within. Data for everything else is very small.

Offline Don't make me beg

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2015, 08:15:13 PM »
I think a lot of people just don't care about game sizes anymore. 888 MB doesn't confirm or deny a lack of content. Besides, how much content can a Tennis game have? Mario Kart had like, forty tracks or something, and Smash has tons of stages and characters. Unless there's forty or something stadiums I don't see why it would be that big.
I'm crossing you in style

Offline Baby Luigi

• Wish I was playable in Mario Party
  • Number Not One
  • us 
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »
Best to make games as small to download as possible, it would mean far faster download times

Though Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is very very light on content, so I think it just reinforces our beliefs on light the game is.

Offline Baby Luigi

• Wish I was playable in Mario Party
  • Number Not One
  • us 
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2015, 03:28:02 PM »
Found some new artwork while browsing for (meh) reviews, on GameInformer

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also bigger versions of Bowser Jr. and Sprixie Princess, though they don't have their alphas

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strangely, still no Bowser artwork, same with Dry Bowser. Boo and DK also lack artwork.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2015, 06:29:58 PM »
"how much content can a Tennis game have?"

Um, a lot. Actually. Some have really in-depth campaigns, mini-games, and a lot of stuff to do. Virtua Tennis for example.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2015, 08:57:52 AM »
Mario Tennis Ultra smash characters
The starting characters Mario, Luigi Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Toad, Baby Mario, Shy Guy, Wiggler, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr and Mii. The unlockable characters are Birdo, Paratroopa, Petey Piranha, Dry Bowser, Rosalina, Toadette, Kamek, and King Boo, the Tranfer Pak will be Boo, Luma, and Baby Peach. The DLC is Fly Guy, Donkey Kong Jr, Nabbit, Sprixie Princess, Hammer Bro, Goomba, Shadow Mario, and Pianta.
Sorry, but your predictions came a little late

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »
Mario Tennis Ultra smash characters
The starting characters Mario, Luigi Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Toad, Baby Mario, Shy Guy, Wiggler, Wario, Waluigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr and Mii. The unlockable characters are Birdo, Paratroopa, Petey Piranha, Dry Bowser, Rosalina, Toadette, Kamek, and King Boo, the Tranfer Pak will be Boo, Luma, and Baby Peach. The DLC is Fly Guy, Donkey Kong Jr, Nabbit, Sprixie Princess, Hammer Bro, Goomba, Shadow Mario, and Pianta.
Transfer Pak?
Might be 14 years late...

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
The Attack of the Trolls: Prediction Nonsense

Anyways, the game came out yesterday. Are you guys enjoying it?

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Brookelas

« Reply #134 on: December 25, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »
I got this game for Christmas and I genuinely think its fun! It's not as good as the Gamecube, but I really like the Mega Battles tbh...