Author Topic: New Gimmick in Mario Kart 9 / Roster?  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: New Gimmick in Mario Kart 9 / Roster?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
Hmmmm. Maybe driving on water? That would be cool!
Well, I would like to see wheelies from MKWii return as well.

@LP: Planes and hovercrafts are too similar to gliders XD
Bowser we're talking Diddy Kong Racing.
That's not similar to gliders at all.
Yeah, gliders force you along a path to reach the next part of the course, while the hovercraft can be used to traverse on water faster than cars but has slippery movement and can hop.

Planes also can fly in any direction you want, and you can barrel roll, which can be used to break courses and the game into a variety of OOB and glitch situations. :P

Offline Don't make me beg

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »
Who knows when this'll be but in Mario Kart 9 I'd prefer them just expanding on the gimicks they've already created.
AND THEM PUTTING THEM ALL INTO THIS ONE GAME!
Double Dash, Anti-Grav, ~everything~.

Of course they won't do that but a guy can still hope. :P
That would be amazing.

Yeah as someone who never played Double Dash (besides like ten minutes in a hotel) I'd really like to see Double Drivers in a new game.
I'm crossing you in style

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 11:29:57 AM »
I've been saying this since MKWii was announced, but I'd love to see dynamic weather and day/night cycles on the tracks.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 11:33:41 AM »
I've been saying this since MKWii was announced, but I'd love to see dynamic weather and day/night cycles on the tracks.
OMG YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Character costumization would be awesome :D (Give us the chance to recolor the characters as we want) :ssb4pacman:

Offline E.Gadd

• "If I told anyone else, they'd have me committed!"
  • gb 
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 12:36:20 PM »
I feel like after how much I personally enjoyed(and still enjoy) my time with Mario Kart 8 that they should NOT go with some kind of major gameplay changing gimmick.

I think they have solidly established what makes the series so well regarded gameplay wise with that game and instead they should focus on beefing up the game's additional features.(Battle mode, more substantial singleplayer modes, etc.)

The roster is probably going to disappoint me in some way but eh, it can't be as bad as the 3DS game's roster... right?(fingers crossed anyway)

Offline Ascaris

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 10:14:34 PM »
Since Mario World was back in dinosaur times, the next mario kart should be in dinosaur times! They could replace the pedals with flintstone cars and make you use your feet! Instead of holding down a button, you could mash A to kick your feet!

Truly, a gimmick worthy of nintendo.

Offline Slorbutte

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 10:18:07 PM »
That's a good idea, they could pedal all the way to a pterodactyl and glide with it!

Offline Mariokirby101

• Let's a-go!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2016, 04:39:14 PM »
Not sure about a new gimmick, but I'd be fine if Hammer Bro. were playable and maybe a few new items.
Itsa me, Mario Kirby! Bring it on!
Super Mario Party signups: http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16103.0

Offline Mariokirby101

• Let's a-go!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 07:40:59 PM »
I just want an actual Battle Mode again.  For me the lack of one was Mario Kart 8's only real flaw. 

As for the roster, 8's was a bit bloated, with the baby Princesses, plus Dry Bowser, non-Mario characters, and all the Koopalings (yet somehow missing Bowser Jr.).  Though I guess too many is better than not enough.

An interesting gimmick/addition to 9 would be a custom track builder, with custom tracks playable online in an easy-to-browse format with a player-rating system.
Would definitely be nice to have. Actually, a zero-gravity gimmick would be cool to have now that I'm thinking about potential gimmicks...
Itsa me, Mario Kirby! Bring it on!
Super Mario Party signups: http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16103.0