Author Topic: MPL Pokemon Showdown Tournament - S. S. Naviathan  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
MPL Pokemon Showdown Tournament - S. S. Naviathan
« on: June 05, 2015, 01:21:46 PM »
Hello MPL! As a commemoration of a newly released CAPmon into Pokemon Showdown, a tourney will take part to determine which player is the most skilled at using and adapting to the new CAPmon, Naviathan.

RULES
- All participants must use Naviathan on each battle.
- You are free to change teams as long as Naviathan is in them.
- Be a good sport - don't take losing too seriously.
- Ragequits (forfeits at Team Preview/the first turn)/intentional DCs are not permitted, however forfeiting late in the game is allowed if you think you have no chance. The penalty for any ragequits is an automatic DQ. Unintentional DCs mean that no one wins and a new match must be played if the timer runs out when set by the other player before the DC'd player has a chance to rejoin.
- Games are played at best 2 of 3.
- This is a double elimination tournament; losing two sets will eliminate you.

HOW TO PLAY
- Create a Pokemon Showdown account by selecting "Choose name" in the upper-right corner, then type in a name. If you wish to make your name permanent, win a ladder battle, then click Register and follow the directions.
- Click on "Teambuilder", then "New Team". On "Format", select either "CAP" or "CAP Naviathan Playtest". Note: "CAP" will allow you to use all CAPmons, while "CAP Naviathan Playtest" will only allow Naviathan out of the CAPmons.
- Click on "Add Pokemon", then select the Pokemon you want to add to your team, the item, ability, moves, nature, and EV/IV distribution. Repeat for the other 5 members, though Naviathan must be one of them.
- Find your opponent by entering a chat room, typing in "/whois username" (replace "username" with your opponent's username), then "/challenge username" (replace "username" with your opponent's username). Be sure to chat with them on whenever you are battling under "CAP" rules or "CAP Naviathan Playtest" rules.
- When you get a notification that your opponent wants to battle, click "Accept" to start the battle.

SIGN-UPS
To be accepted into sign-ups, provide me with the Pokemon Showdown username that you will go under.

1. Me (Username: MQDrud)

Link to Pokemon Showdown
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:18:05 PM by Mary-Hartmann »

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: MPL Pokemon Showdown Tournament - S. S. Naviathan
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »
What.
The.
Hell.
IS.
THIS.
THING!?

It looks like they deformed the King of Red Lions (Wind Waker) and added wings to it.
Someone else also took at look and thought they ripped some wingul's wing's right off and shoved them onto this.

WHAT IS THIS!?
tbh it's kinda an interesting pokemon design though - can I see it's stats/moveset? =p

Offline Megumin

• EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
tbh it's kinda an interesting pokemon design though - can I see it's stats/moveset? =p
Here are Naviathan's stats and movepool for anyone who wants to see it.
also we've got a washing machine in OU
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:37:34 PM by Mary-Hartmann »

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
Here are Naviathan's stats and movepool for anyone who wants to see it.
also we've got a washing machine in OU
I've questioned a lot of pokemon since 5th gen from them officially too, including a bunch of 1st-4th gen ones like that washing machine (or all of Rotom tbh). =p

Offline Megumin

• EXPLOSION!
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
Naviathan is now released into Pokemon Showdown, and the inaugural battle is here. You can now start practicing on the ladder if you want.

Anyway, I'll be making the deadline to sign up when the playtest is over.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:34:02 PM by Mary-Hartmann »