Author Topic: TBS Activity Test-fire Sign-ups.  (Read 5186 times)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
TBS Activity Test-fire Sign-ups.
« on: May 17, 2015, 01:03:09 AM »
It doesn't really have a name yet. It's a completely different activity from all the others.
If you love games like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars though, you'll definitely be interested in this activity though.

Even if you don't know what a Fire Emblem or Advance Wars game or any Turn-Based Strategy game plays like, however, all the rules for this game will be listed below.

Spoiler: Main Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: List of Units/Items (click to show/hide)

For now, that's all I'll show. If you wish to sign-up, simply post below that you're interested. Any number can sign up, but do note that this activity is meant mostly for 1 player to be facing another, so if there's an odd number of people who want to play, someone might have to drop out, sorry. Also if you want to play against a specific person, please say whom within your post, and if the other person wants to as well, they can. Hope all you who join have fun and help me test this thing out as well! More details will be provided after 2 players sign up.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:15:59 PM by Yoshiman222 »

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: TBS Activity Test-fire Sign-ups.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:37:11 AM »
I helped playtest this earlier (and got destroyed by Yoshiman =P)

Registering as an extra

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 03:12:21 AM »
Oh no, I was just planning to make an activity like that after I finish the quiz :P. Oh well, I'll try to make it different from yours. Plus, participating in a game like that will help me make mine, because I'll see how it works.

Signing up.

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 12:23:18 AM »
I'm joining.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 07:31:44 PM »
Okay, so with at least 2 people signed up (honestly, I hoped for more tbh - I mean, it's not like just some quiz - it's an actual game - an actual activity! It's not complicated either, so why are you hesitating?), I get into more details about the game and get you two currently here set for a match.

So before a game, you guys first also have to create yourselves an army. To make an army, simply make a squad using as many of the units/items as you wish.

For these games, you may have an army value up to 35. Send me a PM listing every unit/item combo you wish to use. When the match begins, your units will be randomly placed near your fort.

Also, when you send your PM to me, you can also choose to vote which kind of board you wish to play on. None of them are aesthetically complete as of the moment, but here are the list of what I'll allow you to play on for this session :

The Arena -
A basic battle arena set for 2 armies to clash to see which one is the strongest. No traps nor walls to block your way - it's just you, your rival, and your armies.

Castle Halls -
The inside of an old royal's hall. Tight halls and even tighter passageways lead to each side of these rooms. Utilization of the halls will be of an utmost importance for victory here.

Fields -
A basic war-torn battlefield commonly used to settle disputes. Few trees and bushes can get in the way, but is otherwise a perfect arena for two armies to duke it out on.

When 2 players send their PM's, I'll assign you to together and pick a stage randomly out of your choices, then determine the turn order, and make a new topic specifically for your battle!

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »
sure why not
hey

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 06:18:09 AM »
It's not like just some quiz - it's an actual game - an actual activity!

Hey, what does that mean?

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 01:56:04 PM »

There are 3 quizzes that are almost the same sorry to say.

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

True, but the first one is mine, so...:P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:21:36 PM by Sashe2705 »

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 12:15:52 AM »

True, but the first one is mine, so...:P
I'm not saying the first one was the problem, it was the duplicates that came along.

The 1st was fine as it was it's own unique idea, the 2nd one seems EXTREMELY SIMILAR to yours imo, and the 3rd one has it's own unique take, but it's still a quiz. The other 2 are more like carbon copies of the first is the problem.
ANYHOW ONTO THE ACTUAL GAME

I'm still awaiting PM's for those of you wanting to play telling me which units you want your army to consist of. Remember, you can have up to a total value of 35 points when it comes to choosing units/items, and you also must tell me which unit gets equipped with which item (Only 1 item per unit as well, unless specified.)

When 2 players send their choices, I'll set up a match between then (if you need help with this, you can ask me or HJ since HJ has an army of his own already made.)

(Also if you want to as well you can also say which course you wana play on or whether or not you wana move 1st or 2nd. It's not required and not guaranteed based on what the other person wants, but I'll definitely boost the odds)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 05:18:05 PM »
Also just because I forgot to mention it - Poisonous Material, like Sharpened Blades, will not work if you use it with any of the mage's special attacks.
Sorry if this caused any confusion but I figured I missed something on that list - and hoped it would have came naturally.

...my mind is weird to assume these things. I do that a lot.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 09:33:58 PM »
So based on current sign-ups and when people finished their PM's we have for a game...

MattC vs Amide

Sashe, sorry but there's no one avaliable to play with at the moment, unless that is you wish to go up against The Shattered Legacy instead of waiting for someone else, or one of those two wana play with you.

Just need a confirmation from you both before I set up the game. (Post Below)

(Yes I use official usernames atm for those whom don't know the names I typically call you. :P)

Also if anyone else still wants to sign-up, feel free to - many spots still open!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:40:15 PM by Yoshiman222 »

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 09:36:31 PM »
I'll join but since I live in the Pacific timezone I think my actions will be at least a few hours apart from the other player's, so please don't be quick on subbing me out of the game.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:40:05 PM by NintendoFan »
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »
I'll join but since I live in the Pacific timezone I think my actions will be at least a few hours apart from the other player's, so please don't be quick on subbing me out of the game.
Don't worry - I'm in the pacific timezone too so there's no problem on my behalf. :P

Anyhow, just create an army and send it to me via PM please. Remeber - Max 35 Value and only 1 item equipped per unit (excluding soldier).
You'll play versus Sashe once you submit.

For the other two : http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=15041.msg293660#msg293660

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
Okay so for Sashe and NFan sorry about the wait but I havn't had that much time to actually create the board for you guys yet.

Both of you have sent your units in but I still need to create the board, and I havn't had all the time in the world at the moment sorry.
I do promise to try and have it made by the end of the week though.