Author Topic: Any coin collectors?  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
Re: Any coin collectors?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 03:56:29 PM »
"It's not collecting, it's called saving" well that's not rude at all.

Today i found a canadian penny with a bird on the back. I can't remember what it's supposed to be exactly, but i heard it was supposed to commemorate Queen Elizabeth.

Quit making me sound like I'm being rude, I was referring to me. I don't collect coins just for the fun of it, I just save them for later, how did that sound rude??

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Quit making me sound like I'm being rude, I was referring to me. I don't collect coins just for the fun of it, I just save them for later, how did that sound rude??
My bad. I thought you were throwing shade because of how it was worded and got a little defensive. Anyways, let's not start drama over this and stay on topic, please. I don't want a repeat of the Homestuck debacle.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:46:40 PM by Succubus »

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 08:28:33 AM »
Now that I think about it, coin collecting started before videogames took off as a worldwide phenomenon, didn't it zel?

Does anyone think the Coin/Item Collection aspect of some games, like platformers, borrowed from the idea of coin collecting in real life? It's very, very possible...
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »
When I was 5 I had a collection of all the quarters that represent the the states , but they fell out of the case , and I moved away . I also have some 50 cents coins , 1 dollar gold coins , and those pennies that gain an oval shape and different design after putting them in a machine .

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager: