Author Topic: Create Your Own Mario Party Board 3 (Halloween Edition!)  (Read 4852 times)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
Create Your Own Mario Party Board 3 (Halloween Edition!)
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:53:15 AM »

Hello everyone!
Welcome to the third official "Create your own Mario Party Board" contest!! If you choose to accept, you will make a board from scratch and complete it from the ground up. Once you are finished, you will send the picture of the board to me (SpiderStaryu) through PM on the forum, and you will explain the board, the Spaces, the story, the special features, etc. Once all the boards are sent in, the judges (Me/Dark Boo/Melvin) will judge the boards privately and announce the winners!

Theme
Theme this time is Halloween! Yes, it's that time of year again! Ghosts are about, Zombies are coming out of their graves, and Vampires are on the loose! To celebrate the spooky nature of this holiday, I want you all to make a board that revolves around Halloween and the events surrounding it! This is such a wide spectrum, so there should be lots of stuff everyone would be able to do with this! Remember now, The board has to revolve around Halloween.

Why you should participate!
What are you participating for? ACHIEVEMENT POINTS!!! That's right, you'll be getting loads of achievement points if your board's the winner, once all members sign-up, we will get how much the top 3 will get. Just participating in this will get you +10 Achievement points! Not only that, but you will be more experienced on making Mario Party boards, which will help increase the quality of your boards! NOTE: Participating means sending in a board and explaining it! If you don't send in the board, you won't get the Achievement Points.

How to Make a Board
The easiest way we've found to make a MP board from scratch is Microsoft PowerPoint, but you can use whatever program you want to make the board. Whether it be drawing, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET, Paint; use whatever you want! Just make sure to make it good and have great quality!

How to Upload Board
You can upload it to a image site like ImageShack, TinyPic, Photobucket, Imgur, or something else. Put image codes around the board's URL link so we can see it:
Code: [Select]
[IMG]url goes here[/IMG].

Board Requirements
We want you guys to be free and do whatever you want with your board, but there are some rules we want you to follow. These are some basic rules and requirements we want you to do while sending us the board and all the details.
-Board MUST BE Battle Royale (4-Players).
-Board MUST have 8 UNIQUE Spaces.
-Board MUST have a fair size (Like moderate, not too small, but not HUUUUUUGE).

Originality
Do not use other people's Spaces, Items, Ideas, or anything without permission. If you do, your score will be infracted. There's no reason to use people's stuff without asking them.

What to Send
When sending the board, we want you to explain EVERYTHING about the board. The further in depth you go, the more we will understand your board, which means a potential higher score for you! We want you to explain the story of the board (if there is one), the Halloween theme you chose, the board, how to play (like what style are you using, Stars/Coins, MiniStars, etc.), the Spaces and what they do, and that's pretty much it! If there's anymore you care to explain, that'll be great too.

What we WILL be judging on
SpiderStaryu, Dark Boo, and Melvin will be judging your boards. We have lots of experience dealing with MP boards and everything around it, so you guys can trust we will be fair and honest! There's a lot that goes into making a board, it's not just one thing, and bam there it is. You have to put effort and heart into your board, and make sure it looks alive and happening! As long as you put your best possible into the board, that's a good start for success!

Theme - The overall setting of the board. It has to involve Halloween!
Gimmicks - Special features of the board. Every board needs to have SOMETHING that makes it's unique and original.
Board Conditions - The style of the board. Is it Stars/Coins? MiniStars? Or something completely original maybe?
Background - Behind the board, basically the atmosphere.
Path Layout - The layout and the basic board design. This is a big one, guys.
Space Quality - The quality of the Spaces you made.
Space Distributing - The distributing of the Spaces on the board. Make sure everything is fair!
Originality - The overall board's originality will be judged.
Playability - The board's playability, the board has to be able to actually be played on. This is a big one, guys.
Overall Presentation - Board's overall review based on all the factors above.

To Put it Simply...!
Make us a Mario Party "Battle Royale" board map from scratch, the theme has to revolve around the halloween holiday, and make sure you explain everything about the board to us! You could win lots of Achievement Points if you do!

The contest has OFFICIALLY STARTED!
You will have 30 days to make your board, finish it, and present it to me. So that means you have from now, till' October 30th, Tuesday, to send it to me! I will end the contest later in the night that day (8:00 PM EDT), no extensions this time! Remember to try your best, and have fun! If you have any questions, PM me, and I'll answer your question. :) Once again, good luck and I can't WAIT to see what types of halloeween boards you guys'll be doing! Last contest didn't turn out so well, I'm hoping for a bigger turn-up this time! :D

SIGN-UPS (Sign-Ups are unlimited)
1. Razor-Blade
2. DJ Swangler
3. Timmy
4. Nintendofan10039
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:11:21 PM by SpiderStaryu »

Offline Zero Revolution

Re: Create Your Own Mario Party Board 3 (Halloween Edition!)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »
I'll do it, if I can finish it in time. :P

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
*wild Swangler appears*

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »
Come on everyone don't be shy!! There'll be PLENTY of time to complete boards this time!

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
Signing up~

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »
C'mon, don't be shy everyone!

Offline nintendofan10039

• The skeleton of power!
  • me & my family at video games live in costume
  • ca 
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
I'll sign up, but I don't promise anything.  I have tons of university work to do this year, so this I will have to do in my spare time.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »
I'll sign up, but I don't promise anything.  I have tons of university work to do this year, so this I will have to do in my spare time.
Added you in. Good luck and such.

REMEMBER TO SIGN-UP EVERYONE!!

Offline Zero Revolution

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
^ lol

I think most people are just busy, though I'm sure you'll get more.

Offline Detective Koshi

• Dont Cry Because Its Over, Smile Cause It Happened
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »
I will sign up, but if in the end i mess up and cant send it, My apologies!

Be Who You Are, And Say What You Mean, because Those Who Matter Don't Mind, and Those Who Mind, Don't Matter-Dr.Seuss  :star: Live Your Life How You Want :bluestar:

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
I don't have the artistic mind set but i guess it won't hurt to try out

~signing up~

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 06:38:49 PM »
-lays the chips on the table-

Watch me fail to get this in time DX

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »
Question: what is the product key for microsoft powerpoint and is there any other program (you recommend) that i can use?