Author Topic: Mystery Land  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Mystery Land
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »

The ? Spaces warp players clockwise to the closest section. For 5 coins, Shy Guy will give a player a Cursed Dice Block, which only rolls 1-3. For 10 coins, the player will warp to one of the Bob-omb areas. Occasionally the player may end up warping to a section infected with Red Spaces. The Item Minigame is Mallet-Go-Round and the Duel Minigame is Psychic Safari.

My least favorite board in Mario Party 2. Having to land on ? Spaces to warp is annoying, and the Bob-ombs are unreliable.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
Re: Mystery Land
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »
My least favorite of all MP2's boards, I didn't care for the Tap the button duel game either, this board is just, meh.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »
This board is fine, but it can be a pain if you don't land on a ? Space. The services of Bob-ombs and Shy Guys are rarely used. I don't see a purpose for them. Mostly, player would rather land on ? Spaces than use the Bob-omb services to boost their ? Space tally.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:53:21 PM »
I liked this when I had Skeleton Keys... but those ? spaces are still annoying...

Also the introduction of the Poison Mushroom item... though it auto-applies instead of actually giving you an item.

I'm also amazing at this duel minigame, because I'm better at alternating between 2 buttons than button-mashing 1.

Offline Gengar

• is a real life Gengar.
  • Gengar > Boos
  • gb 
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »
This board was ok, I guess. I hated the ? spaces also. I agree with VSM about the Bob-ombs and Shy-Guys though.
     gifs

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 11:34:44 PM »
This board was ok, I guess. I hated the ? spaces also. I agree with VSM about the Bob-ombs and Shy-Guys though.
...they're only rarely used because no one either has enough coins or are always teleported by the ? spaces, unfortunately (in here, that is)

Offline Zero Revolution

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »
I don't like this board quite as much.
Happening spaces are extremely annoying wheter you want to land on it or not.

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 03:48:26 AM »
This board is actually kinda fun to play on, also the music is great.
Fun board.
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »
Did you guys ever notice Peach's Castle among the trees?

Five Things You Probably Didn't Know About Mario Party

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »
I never noticed that. The fog was almost too thick to give the castle a clear view. But that is a nice cameo. Why did the developers put that castle there is a mystery.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 12:48:50 PM »

The castle among the trees surprised me when I read about that. I'm going to look out for it next time I play mystery land. It may suggest Mario Land is located near Peach's Castle.

As for the board itself, its the most annoying one in this Mario Party, least favorite. Its an okay board to play on though. The ? spaces and bom-ombs drive me insane. The computers never use the Shy Guy and I mean never have I seen it. I always use the Shy Guys to my advantage unlike the computers. Still a fun board regardless, just the others are better.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline SkyCrusher

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 07:24:31 PM »

Nice catch! I never realized that. Might check it more closely next time I play the game.

Of all the MP2 boards, this is my second least favorite. Having to land on ? spaces were painful to attempt.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 07:11:17 PM »
My worst board in Mario Party 2. Always luck based when landing on a Happening Space where you warp, but the NE area looks interesting where I bag items or start Chance Time. The other positive is putting a curse on another player.

And I never noticed that Peach's Castle was behind the mist. It's certainly a mystery. :P And if I look at the NW, does that look like the Loch Ness Monster?
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio