Primal Isles

Primal Isles (v3.0).json

Filesize: 1.94MB  Views: (321)  Downloads (90)  
Description: What's that across the horizon? I see... Islands? And it seems there's some... things living here. Hopefully they're friendly...

This board is modeled after the (usually not great) island-themed boards where the players move from island to island in their pursuit of stars. However, there's more to this board than that! Each of the islands has special attributes and advantages for the player, so based on the flow of the game, you can pick which island to go to and use its unique traits to gain the upper hand. Be careful of the islanders, though, they can be quite mischievous! Each island's special traits will be explained below:

Earth Island: This is where Mother Nature resides. In this flourished island, the player will be able to obtain a lot of items. The 2 Happening Spaces on this island will allow the player to receive a type of Mushroom as a gift from Mother Nature! Are you in need of items? This is the island to get them!
Water Island: This is where the spirits of the sea rest. In this peaceful island, the player will be able to amass riches. Every Blue Space on this island has a special effect that gives the player 1 coin for passing over them! The Happening Spaces on this island give the landing player between 1 and 5 coins, but gives all other players between 3 and 7 coins. Are you striving for the Coin Star at the end of the game? This is the place for you!
Fire Island: This is where the demons of the lava dwell. In this scorching island, the player will be able to amass chaos with the 5 Happening Spaces on this island. The Red Spaces and Bowser Spaces on this island have a special effect that take coins from the current player if they pass over them; 1 for Red Spaces, 2 for Bowser Spaces. The Happening Spaces on this island take 5 coins from every player except the landing player. Are you trying to get that Happening Star at the end of the game? You've come to the right place!
Wind Island: This is where the Rulers of the Wind have settled. In this gusty island, the played will be able to visit the great Boo to steal from other players. The 3 Happening Spaces on this island warp the player to a different island. The first one along the path will warp the player to Earth Island, the second one will warp the player to Water Island, and the last one will warp the player to Fire Island. At the end of the path, a tornado will blow the player back to the START Space!

Bugs and Glitches: While not necessarily a glitch, you will not be able to overwrite this board into your game without turning on the "Skip Overwrite Validation" on PartyPlanner64 over in the Settings. This is because the board has 135 Spaces on it, and PartyPlanner64 says that anything over 128 may be unstable. Through testing this myself I have only found out that the only instability issues happen if the player steps over a space that has an index of 129 or higher. I made sure that all the walk-able spaces in the board have an index lower than that, and I've had no issues with the board through testing
The glitch of being moved to START when you reverse yourself into a space that is the center of a merge between 2 paths should be present in this board. I've not really tested this but since this is a PartyPlanner64 issue, there's nothing I can really do about it. Plus, it's very unlikely for this glitch to happen in board play, as the conditions are very strict.

Final Words: I will be updating this board eventually for balancing purposes (if necessary) and also aesthetics. If you have any suggestions, do feel free to message me. Also, if you find any glitches or bugs, do report them so I can get them fixed.

Version 3.0 changes:
  • Earth Island: Changed the location of the first Item Space along the path.
  • Water Island: Changed the Happening Space event.
  • Fire Island: Reduced the amount of coins lost from passing over a Bowser Space. Changed the Happening Space event.
  • Wind Island: No changes.
  • Bridges: Changed the location of the Chance Time Space on the right bridge.

Credits (The Discord users who helped me, I couldn't have done this without them):
  • Gwonam (Background Image Artwork)
  • Sly (Board Play Balance)
  • Light (Board Play Balance)
  • PartyPlanner64 (Board Event Coding)
  • Celerizer (Board Event Coding)
  • gamemasterplc (Board Event Coding)

give my board a good rating or else
Posted by: Airsola February 13, 2019, 09:44:19 PM

Rating: ***** by 2 members.

Comments (1)

Gwonam
Shy Guy

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 05:11:50 PM
I should ask this Gwonam character to do some artwork for me as well.

Return to Downloads