Sultan City

Sultan_City_1_1.json

Filesize: 1.56MB  Views: (826)  Downloads (264)  
Description: Welcome to Sultan City! Keep your nose clean and your coins close in this town. This board is quite straightforward, and was made to resemble the standard boards as much as possible. It even has a 'shady' district, analogous to the dark area present in some of the standard boards. The background was made using SketchUp. I made the simpler shapes myself and took the textures and character models from the Sketchup Warehouse and Super Mario 64. The inspiration for the board came from a few fun ideas I had for custom events. The custom events included in the final board are:

Custom Events:
Bazaar (board event) - pass by here to sell all your items. The shopkeeper is an honest man and will buy your items for 100% of their market value. If you bring him rare items, he will buy them for 50 coins! The Wacky Watch isn't so terrible now, is it?
Goomba's Luxury Lamps - land on goomba's space for a sweet deal: 40 coins for a Magic Lamp! What, you don't have 40 coins? Goomba might be generous enough to make an exception for you. You are buying his lamp no matter what though, so try not to land here with a full inventory!
Thief - land on the wrong space in the shady district and you might get robbed! The thieves here always leave a Poison Mushroom as a calling card.
Black Market - on the outskirts of town, two Bob-Ombs have set up shop and are selling various items 'procured' by their friends in the shady district. Pay them 10 coins and you might get your 'lost' item back. Or something else entirely!

Version history:
1.0 - Initial release.
1.1 - Fixed space alignment to work with the latest version of PartyPlanner64. Added one blue space for aesthetic purposes and 3 guiding arrows to make path splits more clear.

Issues in current release:
After selling your items in the Bazaar, your sold items will not immediately disappear from your character's bar. They will only disappear when somebody opens their item screen or at the beginning of the next turn. This problem is purely visual and does not affect gameplay.
Currently, you choose whether or not to visit the bazaar via a path split. This looks a bit clunky and I would much rather have a branching text box, but I haven't managed to make it work yet.
The code for the custom events works, but is a bit messy. Mostly because it is a mish-mash of code from other board-makers who are better than me at assembly. If you have any questions, ping me on discord and I'll explain what I've done.

Thanks to:
Everyone who has submitted a Mario character model to the SketchUp warehouse. You can easily find the ones I used by searching for "goomba" or "pokey" etc.
All the board makers who have made custom events before me. Without looking at and borrowing your code, this board could not have been made.
PartyPlanner64 for making such an amazing tool.

If you like/dislike the board, please give it a rating and let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve it!
Posted by: Gwonam January 14, 2019, 04:26:48 AM

Rating: ***** by 1 members.

Comments (3)

StalfosKing
The Hero's Shade
Koopa Troopa

Strength cannot be without courage.

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:04:30 PM
Nice! I can tell quite a bit of work went into this! Haven't tried it out yet, but I plan to.
Gwonam
Shy Guy

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:52:10 PM
The board was made as a 3D model, but what you're seeing in-game is just a screenshot of that model. So there's no actual 3D, it's only a background image.
DK Gaming GoPro 64
Shy Guy

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:58:41 PM
How do you make those 3D Modules in an actual Board?

Return to Downloads