Primal Isles

Primal Isles (v4.1).json

Filesize: 1.94MB  Views: (1668)  Downloads (882)  
Description: What's that across the horizon? I see... Islands? And it seems there's some... things living here. Hopefully they're friendly...

This board is modeled after the (usually not great) island-themed boards where the players move from island to island in their pursuit of stars. However, there's more to this board than that! Each of the islands has special attributes and advantages for the player, so based on the flow of the game, you can pick which island to go to and use its unique traits to gain the upper hand. Be careful of the islanders, though, they can be quite mischievous! Each island's special traits will be explained below:

Below is an explanation of the board events, if you'd like to go into the board blind, please ignore the spoiler tagged areas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bugs and Glitches:
The glitch of being moved to START when you reverse yourself into a space that is the center of a merge between 2 paths should be present in this board. I've not really tested this since it's very unlikely for this glitch to happen in board play, as the conditions are very strict.

Final Words: I will be updating this board for balancing purposes (if necessary) and also aesthetics. If you have any suggestions, do feel free to message me. Also, if you find any glitches or bugs, do report them so I can get them fixed.

Version 4.0 changes:

Credits (The Discord users who helped me, I couldn't have done this without them):
  • Gwonam (Board Images Artwork & Name)
  • Sly (Board Play Balance)
  • Light (Board Play Balance)
  • PartyPlanner64 (Board Event Coding)
  • Celerizer (Board Event Coding)
  • gamemasterplc (Board Event Coding)
give my board a good rating or else

Posted by: Airsola November 04, 2019, 08:18:52 PM

Rating: ***** by 3 members.

Comments (2)

Spongyoshi
Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
Penguin

It's Show Time!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 06:07:33 PM
Okay finally got around to try it! I love all the different ideas for each islands!
None of the gimmicks felt too powerful although I'd probably make the water one SLIGHTLY more risky.
I also feel like the starting island has a little too many spaces, it takes a little while to get going but it's not too bad.
But overall,I had a good time, good job there!!
Gwonam
Shy Guy

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 05:11:50 PM
I should ask this Gwonam character to do some artwork for me as well.

Return to Downloads