Author Topic: Map without any star spaces?  (Read 261 times)

Offline CraftedPbody

Map without any star spaces?
« on: July 17, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »
I want to make a map without any star spaces, will this create any issues? Will the game crash from this?

Offline Bubblegum Chameleon

• Creativity is better in Pink.
Re: Map without any star spaces?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »
I wonder myself, I was hoping there be a thing where I can only add 1 star. That way I can remake my Candy Land map.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:36:09 PM »
I want to make a map without any star spaces, will this create any issues? Will the game crash from this?
Yes, as far as I know the editor isn't advanced enough to make something like this - Not that it's entirely the editor's fault in the first place since the game would expect a star space somewhere, probably.

I wonder myself, I was hoping there be a thing where I can only add 1 star. That way I can remake my Candy Land map.
This would probably be possible in at least Mario Party 1 since Peach's Birthday Cake only has 1 star space, but as far as I know the editor is only able to save boards with a standard amount of star locations.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Mario_Comix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »
Do you know if it would work to place the sole Star Space in an unreachable location i.e. off the path?
Please check out my Super Mario Maker stages! They can be found in the "Super Mario Maker Community Levels" thread.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the Car and the Star system!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:16:00 AM »
It would work! I did it for one of my boards!  ;)