Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forum / Re: Happy 10th Anniversary!
« Last post by StalfosKing on January 16, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »
Indeed this is a momentous occasion to be celebrated! Happy tenth anniversary, Mario Party Legacy! I've had a ton of fun and ultimately learned a lot in the short span of about 2 years I've been here. I just wish I could've been around sooner!
Forum / Re: Happy 10th Anniversary!
« Last post by Colyton on January 16, 2018, 12:12:51 PM »
Congratz MPL and SZ! It's crazy to think 10 years have now passed!

So many memories indeed and I sometimes wish I could relive them, there's like that sad feeling now, but oh well.
Custom Boards / Re: Animal Crossing (MP3) Complete
« Last post by Spongyoshi on January 16, 2018, 10:54:32 AM »
I'm amazed by the quality of this board! Especially since it's your first one!  :D
Can't wait for your future creations but also, welcome here!!  ;)
But however, I'm a bit curious... Is the bank, shops and boo being an happening space just an original idea or you didn't noticed the bank space and didn't think of using an invisible space for the two others?
Forum / Happy 10th Anniversary!
« Last post by SuperZambezi on January 16, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
The Forum may not be what it used to be but that doesn't mean we don't have to have a topic for such an important event!

I've got lots and lots of memories of this place over that last decade. Thank you all for being a part of it!
« Last post by StalfosKing on January 15, 2018, 10:56:10 PM »
When I first saw the reveal trailer for Party Planner 64, this is the kind of board I was imagining. You're doing an excellent job with these themed boards!
« Last post by StalfosKing on January 15, 2018, 10:47:30 PM »
On a side note, you just missed the contest! I hope you'll enter the next one!
« Last post by StalfosKing on January 15, 2018, 10:46:10 PM »
Your background in graphic design is quite apparent! It looks extremely professional! Also, I love Katamari! Can't wait for that board! Such an underrated series. I agree with you about Party Planner 64. It's a shame that more people don't know about it! Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future and I'll have to play your Animal Crossing board still.
« Last post by Alexandyr on January 15, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »
I'm working on a Kamari Damacy next. Finding this program is really a dream come true and I can wait to see whats next for Party Planner 64 :D
« Last post by Alexandyr on January 15, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
Thank you😊

I made it all in photoshop. I have a background in art and graphic design
It took a few days.

-for the background found a repeating grass pattern and tiled it.
-for the cliffs i cut out a section from a screenshot of AC and tiled it using the perspective and skew transform tools to give it that 3D look
- for the paths:(see attached image)
                       1. made a small section of path tile with the pen tool. filled it white.
                       2. copy and pasted it to form the path. merged all layers to one.
                       3. created 2 clipping mask layers on top one with bass colour and one with the path pattern
                       4. created 3rd clipping mask layer with slight drop shadow on top of that to emulate AC game.
                       5. copy path layer to top, add outer glow effect and set blend mode to multiply

- for everything else i found assets from online or from screenshots and cut them out and added an outline

hope thats helps :D
« Last post by StalfosKing on January 15, 2018, 10:43:56 AM »
Wow, this is one of the best-looking boards I've seen! How did you make the paths look so smooth and natural? I can tell a lot of effort went into making this board look great, and it paid off! It's difficult to make a good-looking board in 2D, but you did a great job! The path layout looks pretty good, too, though I'm not a fan of the chance-time space in the repeating loop in the middle (the smaller the loop, the higher the chance of it being landed on). That can cause for quite some chaos! Anyway, to add a download to the downloads section, you just go to the "downloads" tab here on the forum, then there's a button near the top of the page called "add download." This will allow you to upload the .json file, write a description, and add screenshots. It will take a day or so to be approved, but after that it's on the database!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10