Author Topic: Fortune Street: Custom Boards  (Read 7809 times)

Offline smokybacon

Re: Fortune Street: Custom Boards
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »
Has anybody figured out how to dig in the textures of the fortune cards?
Or has someone successfully changed the music?
I managed to substitute the jingle while playing slot-machine. It now plays viva las vegas by elvis presley.
- but for some reason the sound does end after 15 seconds or so. Does anybody know how this works..?

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2015, 02:11:58 PM »
I know a guy that has done those things before(successfully), but I'm not sure if he wants to be contacted by anyone yet, so. Sorry.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2015, 03:55:30 PM »
Unfortunately, my fix didn't work. I suggest you remake the entire board from scratch(and make it from a different board, not Bowser's Castle) or create a new one.

Crashing at the start can be caused by many different things first of all, you should check all your entry and exit IDs. Autopathing is a fine tool but it connects every possible way and this is a big problem at every T intersection and every corner. Since you would walk around a corner by walking the path 1 2 3, autopath allows the way 1 3 since these tiles are usually touching.

Yeah idk why you're quoting me here when Yoshiman222 made the board, not me

Edit: would also be pretty nice to see some of your boards  :)
Hey, mah board is an awesome board.

...it just has a bug that I just can't seem to fix for some reason. :P

Also the paths work perfectly fine, it's just the rolls that don't seem to work. It's when you roll a 3 from start that it crashes.
Starting to think I have to put the exit door by the bank now sadly...

May I see a picture of your board?
Working with doors can cause a lot of problems...
I made this super-weird board. I think it's good. However the game doesn't like anyone to be given the chance to land on any venture spaces or boon spaces I put down.
Or any Warp spaces.

I think I might know why but I'm too lazy to look into it 100%... :P

If you could give me the board, I could look into it.
I think it might be because of the venture spaces after thinking it over a while - this board never has any from before, so having them now kinda throws it off, I guess. Although the Boon spaces don't work either... (and it's only when they get a roll that enables them to land on them).

Although that might have been because I use to have a Boom space in there as well maybe.

https://www.mediafire.com/?zk99ww1ii3fr3st (I would assume this file is alright to put since it's not a rom or anything. :P)
only the actual file because I'm too lazy to get an image
it's largely unchanged since, because I'm still trying to figure it out.

Offline smokybacon

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »
I know a guy that has done those things before(successfully), but I'm not sure if he wants to be contacted by anyone yet, so. Sorry.

Maybe you can ask him to write a guide sometime :)

Offline smokybacon

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »
only the actual file because I'm too lazy to get an image
it's largely unchanged since, because I'm still trying to figure it out.
[/quote]

First of all: Interesting concept, I really would like to play it one day.
What helped me most was the good old trial and error.
Have you tried to set the OneWayAlleySquare 4 or more fields away from the bank?
It would be interesting to see what happens then, if you roll a 3.

I took a closer look at your BackStreetSquares ... did you want them to end in common propertys?
For example, the pipe at field 57 leads to district 43. This is marked as a property, not as the other pipe.
I know that this is possible, but I dont think this was meant to be that way by nintendo. - so who knows what bugs this could cause.

Another thing you could try would be to fill in the values of the empty cells like "shopmodellID" etc.
I have a debugged board where I used the following values for the BackStreetSquares:
Unknown 1:0
Dist.Dest.ID: The right ID but with a Pipe set on this field
Unknown 2: 255
Value: 65535
Price: 65535
Unknown 3:0
ShopModelID:204

I would also set the dice roll down to 7 until the board is fully working.
I have read the possibility of rolling an 8 can cause the game to freeze.
After I have debugged my maps I set the dice roll to 8 again. Maybe this is just a waste of time,
but I got a little desperate while building my biggest map ^^

Offline smokybacon

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 05:37:03 PM »
Hi, you also did not label the suitsquares 23 and 30 like the other suitsquares. square 23 belongs to district 2 and 30 to district 1.
They should be labeled as district 255 as well. I had much less problems after I standardised the values on suitsqaures, boonsquares etc.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2015, 12:16:02 AM »
I have read the possibility of rolling an 8 can cause the game to freeze.

Well, it seems to occur... Never. :P on Yoshiman's board I literally rolled an 8 three times in a row and the game did not crash. Heck, you could even set the max roll to 9 since there is a 9 dice graphic(unused of course), but I think the game would start crashing then.

Maybe you can ask him to write a guide sometime :)

I'm not really on good terms with said person, and I don't think he'd want to write guides.
Ancient trash.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2015, 06:46:18 PM »
So good news; apparently if you want to play a custom board online, everyone doesn't need to have it. To explain, if the host creates a friend room with a custom board replacing Castle Trodain, and three people join, the server will send the board to the other players when the room is closed. So forget what I said about this in the OP :P
Ancient trash.

Offline Xytonius

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2017, 06:14:54 PM »
So, I opened my map. It worked fine until I rolled.(I rolled a 5). But the game instantly crashed. I tried to open the map again, but it kept on crashing for no reason.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,Rhythm Thief and Cartoons. I love both the Car and the Star system!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 04:22:02 AM »
Now that I have Fortune Street, I should look more into theses Custom Boards!  :P

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2017, 07:43:53 PM »
I'm thinking you should play all the normal boards first but if you insist :P

I'm also thinking that I should rewrite this guide, but not sure when. Maybe in the following weeks.
Ancient trash.

Offline Xytonius

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 06:07:44 PM »
That sounds like a good idea!

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,Rhythm Thief and Cartoons. I love both the Car and the Star system!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2017, 08:25:39 AM »
I'm thinking you should play all the normal boards first but if you insist :P

I'm also thinking that I should rewrite this guide, but not sure when. Maybe in the following weeks.
I played all the normal boards already! Unlocked every board!!  ;D